UK To Consider Cigarette-Style Health Warnings for Computer games

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by soundwaveCA, Mar 27, 2008.

1. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article3628894.ece

2. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

i thought that rating systems were already in place everywhere, and that consoles already had the ability to lock out games by rating. i love non-issues.

3. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Whaaaat? This is yet another time when shitty parenting gets swept under the carpet so they can have a go at Video games.

If you buy your 8 year old kid an M/12/15/18 game, that's your fucking fault.
    Did they put a gun to your head and say 'Buy me this game' no.

How freaking stupid do these people have to be? Encourage parents to monitor their children when they play? Like hell they will. That's what games and TV are for, so lazy parents don't have to raise their kids.

I have been into a Gamestation and seen kids trying to be GTA only to be refused, you know damn well if the kid pesters mummy and daddy chances are they will go buy it for them.

Seriously, Games that need them already carry age ratings, and even content on the back. If you are too fucking stupid to read them its your own damn fault, not the game makers/sellers.

You know what the problem is, discipline, or a lack thereof. Seriously UK, quit your bitchin' and do some parenting. Stop blaming your failure on games/tv/music/etc.

4. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If I could do Photoshop, I would make a picture of a country shaped like a nanny.

Not a video-gamer myself, but this is ridiculous across the board.