UK - TF:ROTF - Volume 2 Issue 5

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Ratchet2007, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    The Story sucked and the letter sections sucks :lol 

And tbh you can't really call the letter section "the letter section" because there's only 1 letter !

The only thing that makes up for it it is AHM

I mean I love the Twins and all but the story seriously needs to move along STAT !

Anyone else think the same ? :lol 

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've still not read anything in them apart from the new strip since volume two started. I just read that and toss them on the pile for another time. And yeah, that story with Skids and Mudflap really needs to get a move on.

3. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

I was actually somewhat interested in the comic in Vol 1, when it was the alternate universe storyline, but the Skids and Mudflap story has indeed been plodding along way to much.

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The UK comic, to be blunt, needs to be put out of its misery now. I think they should've gone with a "Transformers Legends" type bundle aimed at both young and older readers, reprinting the best of 25 years worth of comics a la "Batman legends" "Superman Legends" etc.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    How come Skids and Mudflap are their movie upgraded versions pre movie?

How come Skid and Mudflap who are basically awesome ninja bots in the first part degenerate into freakin' lame-o's when they get to the Autobot camp?

To be totally honest I'm enjoying the HELL out of the UK GI Joe comic, (feels a lot like the old Larry Hama stuff) but the UK TF comic after a promising start (that story with Ransack was pretty good) now is fairly awful.

Why? There's so much that could be used as decent stories. Sideswipes arrival to Earth. The Arcee triplets spotlight. Skids and Mudflap traumatizing schoolkids with oily ice creams. So much scope that was implied in the film just isn't being used here.

And All Hail Megatron is just 'eh' to me at the moment. I dunno is feels like its just trying to be super dark and serious for the sake of being serious. Remember when giant toy robots were fun?

6. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Issue #5? Huh, feels much longer!

Roll on #12. That's when my subscription ends.

7. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    Hopefully it will have gotten better by then :redface2: 

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Hopefully they'll also finally settle on a cover price and stick to it for more than a few issues.

It sucks because I want to support a UK Transformers comic like I did back in the old days, but it also sucks because the comic - well - sucks.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    To be honest, I'd have rather the Twilight-verse carried on and made use of the RotF cast in that setting which looked like the way it was going before the hasty ending. Especially with the whole Theodore F. Allen hint buried in the back there.

10. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Yup, the alternate movie universe stuff was pretty good and it was such a pity it was cut short. If they'd really wanted to use some of the ROTF characters to help promote the movie they could've still introduced them into this other version. It's not like they've done much worthwhile with the SkidFlap story and now the movie has come and gone and this strip still drags on. Maybe by the time the third BayFormers movie comes out the Twins will have finally got to tell Optimus their information.

On another note, and because threads about the UK comic seem to die rather swifty (maybe just change the thread title and make this a general thread for the UK TF comic), how do we feel about the covermounted gifts? I know it's pretty much a Brit comic staple these days because there's not really much inside the comics to keep kids coming back to them, but since I just leave the stuff on the cover it makes them a bugger store properly. And it irritates when they stick an extra gift on and it bumps the price up from £2.70 to £2.99. If they were covermounting something cool like a 'free' Minicon or Legends figure each issue them I wouldn't mind. Hmm... how would we feel about a TF magazine like those which have a DVD or collectable on them each issue? Be cool to have a disc with MTMTE on the cover (except I already have all of the G1 episodes anyway) and then the magazine that issue is all about those epsiodes and characters and production and TF history. Or a couple of Robot Heroes figures? Kinda always wanted a TF partworks magazine.

11. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    I subscribe so I don't think the cover price affects me, I liked the last 2 issues cause they came with sweets :lol  And some of the free gifts are cool

12. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I always buy mine from Tescos because a couple of times they've had exclusive extra gifts, and also I don't like being tied down to a subscription. I'm kinda amazed I've not had to get it shop saved yet like with the last couple UK TF comic runs which vanished from store shelves after the first few issues and shops would only get copies in if you asked them to.

The sweets are the only covermounted gifts I always make sure to remove and make use of. :D 

13. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks to the comic I now have six different TF pencils!

14. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    And a seemingly endless supply of TF disc launchers. :p 

15. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

The free gifts annoy me no end - I remove them, but it can be problematic sometimes so I usually just use a scalpel to slice them off as neatly as possible if it looks like removing the tape is going to end up ripping the cover. Free mini-cons or legends size figures would make for much better free gifts - there are plenty of snap-together knock-off kits out there lol

16. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And about 29 comics ranging from 'average' to 'crap'. :( 

17. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I've not been able to find this issue anywhere in a good state. Every one I've found has been ripped or mangled in some way, and that was right from the day they first appeared on the shelves.

18. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I always go to Tescos a couple of days before the release date printed in the back of the previous issue as sometimes it comes out early. That way I can grab it before it gets exposed to the public for any great length of time. If it's not out yet I'll drop in the next day or so. So far I've been really lucky in having several copies to pick from to get a decent quaility one, although generally the ones on the shelves have all been in good condition.
    You could always ask in your local newsagents to order you a copy in specially, but in my experience when I ran a newsagents the comics when delivered would be bundled tight so the plastic straps ruined the edges of the comics and the free gifts were crushed. So they can order you one in but it might still arrive mangled, and then newsagents take a dim view of people ordering stuff and then not wanting it.
    Maybe Tescos get theirs delivered in a nicer, kinder, fluffier way. :p 

I suppose you could always subscribe. I'm sure the subscribers in this thread can tell you what state their comics arrive in.

19. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I've had no problems in the past, it just seems to be this one that's eluding me in a decent condition.

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Personally I'd like them to fit some proper stories around the movie continuity. Not offshoot alternate timelines or anything like that.

Also, WTF are some of those activity pages about? The last issue had a whole page devoted to a mess of heads! WTH man. Oh and a letters page, where a quarter is taken up by crappy horoscopes?

Oh dear oh dear.