UK TF Issue #7 (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Omnius, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Warning: Spoilers will follow!

Well this came through my letterbox on Christmas Eve, and I'd expect it in retailers before the weekend so here's a little advance run-down on it

This month's movie-verse one-shot is 'Starscream's Militia', set after Megatron's death but before the Decepticons' bodies are dumped in the sea. Lots of major plot contradictions here - the location is given as Downtown LA, and centres around Starscream resurrecting Blackout, Devastator (the confusion continues) and Barricade (don't you just love a coherent continuity?) using Sparks recovered from the likes of Dewbot and Jazz's body. An odd point as surely Jazz's Spark would be extinguished and thus useless? Furman was clearly having an off-day when he wrote this, and the artwork... well let's just say it's 'sub-par', especially compared to Don Figoeura's work in the other two strips. That's being polite.

And we'll move onto those briefly: further installments of Movie Prequel and BW: The Gathering.

The letters/fan drawings page has been increased to 4 pages and is now 'hosted' by Starscream, continuing the proud tradition set by Soundwave, Grimlock, Dreadwind and Blaster.

This month's cover-mounted gift is, however, quite useful - TF notepad and pen. The notepad is described as 'holographic' but has a lenticular cover.

Next month's issue features the first all-new front cover artwork (as opposed to the familir movie CG character shots), and reveals the fate of Scorponok.

It's a real shame to see that in comics form at least, the movie continuity has already become a complete mess of contradictions. I foresee many a retcon ahead.

I'm wondering if, after the first 12-issue run, this comic will be 'retooled' into an Animated one.

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cant wait, released 3rd January

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Out already? Dayum.

I'm hoping the comic will pick up, so far all the strips feel... unsatisfying.