UK TF comic now shipping to subscribers!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Omnius, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all,

Got a nice surprise in the post when I got home from work today - TF #1! While it doesn't hit the newstands until Thursday it looks like subscribers will get it a few days early.

So what's it like? So far so good. :)  This issue's freebie is a pair of dog tags, I got a Decepticon pair so I'm wondering if an Autobot pair is out there too. They're on a sealed bubble on a backing card, as seen here:

[​IMG]

Nothing on the back, so no pic there. Also, it's sellotaped onto the comic (the scourge of covermounts!) so be careful removing it. It started to rip the backing card on the tags so I've left it on there. :( 

From this point onward, there are content spoilers - don't read further if you want to be surprised!

And inside? There's a quick page of background info (Autobots, Decepticons, Cybertron, the war) followed by the all-new Furman-penned Senior-inked story. I won't give any spoilers away but it's worth a read, if a little on the short side. This is followed by a profile of Optimus Prime, then shorter Ratchet & Barricade profiles. Next up is part one of IDW's movie prequel. The TPB of this is already available, but I'd hold off getting that if you're interested in the comic, as it's presented in a larger format. :D  Next up is some background on the animated movie followed by a competition to win the Ultimate Edition DVD. Finally is a bit of a surprise in the form of part one of Beast Wars: The Gathering. It ends with a letters page which I just skimmed through.

On the whole, worth getting if just for the rather cool dog tags. :D  :D 

Edit: To the mod who closed the other thread, thank you :)  Didn't realise I double-posted.

2. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got Autobot ones. No pics, sorry, my camera's bust.

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Nothing for me yet - Damn late post!

EDIT: Just arrived... neat! Very colourful too, but not really enough comic panels per page for my taste. The Geoff Senior/PRIME story seems as if it's been 'blown up' from US size too much for my liking. Surprised to see the BEAST WARS story included...

Decepticon tags with my copy.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  4. Optimus Frimal

Optimus Frimal The Beast Era is coming..

Yay! Now I won't have to get the BW graphic novel! Can't wait for Thursday!

5. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Note the last page advert for a Merlin sticker album of the Movie?
    Not to everyone's tastes I'm sure, but this is great news for me as even at 36 I love collecting those things!

6. Neo-Primus

Neo-Primus Scraplet

Picked this up from my local Forbidden Planet today, got the Autobot and Decepticon Dog Tags :) , so much for the gap between those subscribing and not lol

7. thunderconvoy

thunderconvoy Well-Known Member

So what's the best option for someone in the US to pick this up? This title doesn't seem available for subscription through Titan.

8. Wolf Boy

Wolf Boy Ghost of Impactor

Yeah, someone PLEASE tell me! I MUST READ AND KEEP UP WITH THIS COMIC OR I SWEAR I WILL FALL OVER AND DIE!!!!!!!!!!!