Customs: uk online hobby shops

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Skyripper, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

this is mainly for the uk bashers. I'm all out of supplies and my local hobby store has closed down so I can't get ahold of styrene sheet (which I realy need for my next bash), paints, epoxy sculpt etc etc etc. so I was wondering if any one could recomend any uk based online stores where I can pick up supplies it would be a realy help and I can start finishing off all my WIPs. thanks guys

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always used Games Workshop stuff in the past but I dont know about styrene sheets (that's something I could never find)

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

4. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

thanks alot dsn1014 these sites look perfect. another question though (i realy shouldnt put it here but oh well) what thiknesses do people recomend for 1) structre ie chests/heads and 2) detailing? thanks again

5. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

for styrene keep it thin, range from about .1mm for detailing to 1mm for thicker chests and things. If you need thicker then I'd suggest cutting the shapes you need from 1mm and glueing them together, this way you'll be able to cut it up with a stanley/x-acto. I have some thick PVC and there's no cutting that with a blade alone.

As regard the sites, the first one was recomended to me and the second I have dealt with, they were very prompt and I got my stuff well packaged.

6. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I highly recommend 4D Models:

4D modelshop Ltd Shop - Plastics

They are certainly not cheap, but I spend ages just looking through their catalogue. Communication is great, they are fast and stuff is shipped well.

7. Skyripper

Skyripper Seeker

thanks alot for the link this site looks very promising and come payday I'll soon find out how good these sites are myself lol