Customs: UK dyeing question.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by DJCHARTERS, Aug 13, 2008.

1. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i was hoping someone in the UK cold sugest a brand of red dye that i could use to dye universe powerglide red. it wil be my first atempt at dying so im a total novice at it. any help would be greatly aprechiated :) 

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's our tutorial, comprised of different members, including TFmaster's (R.I.P.) method:

Dye Tutorial

As far as what brand, don't know if they sell it there or not, but here in the states, I have used Rit brand dye (liquid type) and have had success both times I have done it.

Hopefully some fellow UK Radicons can chime in and help you out.

And remember to practice with some junker parts first! :thumb 

3. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    I'm in the midst of the same project, luckily past the dye stage. you should search for my thread..there's some good info on it.

4. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

I'm in your boat, hear every1 talking about what paints and dye's they use and i can't find anything, i have just found somewhere that does styrine after 6 months searching, i think your best bet is to buy online, or if you have any radicon friens that live in america send the the money for it and ask them to send it to you.

5. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    Couldn't you just purchase RIT dye via ebay? I see many available on there for $1.00 USD each

6. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i will search e bay. all also read your thread also, ave been looking forward to seeing your finished product its part of the reason ive decided to try it myself (that and the fact im impatient and dont want to wait for henkei powerglide)