UK Distribution = WTF

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by aussiehippy, Jun 25, 2010.

1. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    I'm annoyed.

I didn't pre-order the game, after the last couple of TF games that were talked up big and weren't all that, I wanted to wait for reviews to decide whether to buy new or wait and get it used later.

Well, the reviews are good, so, today being release day and all that, I pop into GAME on my way to work. No copies on shelves, no display, no sign it even exists. I ask at the till and they have 1 copy, for XBox, that someone pre-ordered.

Fair enough, I think, and go to GameStation. They only have one XBox copy as well, and I want PS3.

Why???

Why no copies in the 2 biggest game-only retailers?

I guess I'll check supermarkets tonight, but I don't hold out much hope. I imagine I'll have to order online and then have a long long long wait til they find a copy to send me.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Man I'm so glad you posted this!

Simply because I was planning to go out later and pick the game up, but after hearing your comments I might as well not bother. I was aiming for Tesco or Sainsbury's but let's face it, if Game and GameStation haven't got it ON THE FUCKING OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE then what hope is there?

Don't suppose you saw any copies of Lego Harry Potter for PS3 did you?

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My Blockbuster preorder was apparently despatched yesterday. I'll update when it arrives.

4. aussiehippy

Ebay:
    Dude, they had MILLIONS in both stores, heh.

No problems with that game, nice big displays and all that.

I'm still gonna check Sainsburys tonight, it's the biggest supermarket in town, so if they have none, online it is.

It seems those who pre-ordered will get copies, just no-one else, lol

5. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i dont live in the uk but somthing like happened to me today.I went to blockbuster to get WFC but they only had it on 360 not for PS3 and i ask if they had it but the cashier said they didn't have it.i was like WTF man

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Cheers man! I can't decide which game to get atm. Might get Lego HP, might get WFC, might get both! Thing is, I can't play both at the same time so might just hold off on whichever they don't have or is more expensive, at least for the time being.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, stuck my head in GAME this morning to a similar reaction. I asked the staff at Smyths yesterday if they would have it today and they told me they would (I want to get it there cause I'll get 10% off with my loyalty card), but when I went in this morning it wasn't on the shelves yet. But they had only been open for five minutes, so I'll cut 'em some slack and check it out again on the walk home. :) 

Oh, but Gamestop actually had it out on shelf yesterday with pre-order stickers over it for both major consoles, so if worst comes to worst... (course, then I'll have to turn around and take a half-hour trek back to the Gamestop!)

8. aussiehippy

Ebay:
    I guess Lego HP would be the easy option, that did get a proper release and won't be hard to find.

I'm prob gonna wait for 2nd hand with that one, although I have played and enjoyed all the LEGO games so far, they're a bit same-y and I'm not not a huge HP fan.

9. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Heh, I couldn't give 2 figs about HP myself, but those Lego games are just so awesomely fun. If they made a Lego Hollyoaks I'd still buy it!

Actually, that might be where I draw the line. Still, I wish they'd make a Lego Transformers game and save me all this hassle! :lol 

10. aussiehippy

Ebay:
    They should make Lego Transformers *and* send the games to the shops.

Double win, Activision, that's how you should do it, guaranteed money maker, heh

STEP 1 - Develop Game
    STEP 2 - ????
    STEP 3 - PROFIT

Hint for publishers, step 2 should be "Send Game To Shops"

11. SpikeWitwicky

SpikeWitwicky Well-Known Member

I saw it on play.com and sold out on amazon
    i was gonna check if its in Game in manchester in a bit

12. Phoenix Blaze

Phoenix Blaze Brain Waster

Same here. I didn't intend on buying it today, but I thought, if I see it, I might cave.

Game didn't have anything. Same goes for what I saw in Gamestation (just popped in and out). I too might check the local sainsburys. They tend to get new games in on time and have them for a bit cheaper. Got ODST on release date for £30 from there.

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I posted this in the UK Sightings thread but I'll throw it in here too.

A few GAME stores I went to this morning had none.
    Finally managed to get one out of Southampton's West Quay GAME, and the guy at the desk also said it was the only copy that they had been supplied with, which is insane.
    It was also an extra 5 quid at £44.99.

It did come with a Jazz code though.

14. WingDagger

WingDagger Generations

I preordered mine with BB for the sole reason of getting Shickers, as many others would have, I guess. It was dispatched yesterday. The post has just been. My game didn't arrive.

Not a happy bunny.

I only pre-ordered online because I thought that was the only way I'd get Shockwave. Apparently, the stores are dishing out the pre-order codes, too. Should've done it that way and actually got it on the day of release.

C'mon, seriously, how hard is it to guarantee a package to arrive via the UK postal service on a specific date? If I can post a game to a friend who bought it from me at 16:15 on a Friday afternoon and then be playing them online by 09:00 the very next morning, how can a multi-million pound business not manage the same?

15. aussiehippy

Ebay:
    The lady at GAME that I talked to seemed very disappointed that they'd only been sent one copy to fill their pre-order.

edit - Would love to know if anyone has any luck at a supermarket, would be a gip to go out of my way for no reason tonight when I have to get my stuff together to play a gig.

16. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just did a quick circuit on lunch break - I see it on the shelves in HMV and Gamestop, and Gamestop have Shockwave as they do in the US. So I shall not go home disappointed today!

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I got mine today from coolshop.co.uk for £30 with free delivery but no bonuses. if you don't care about additional characters, thats the way to go.

you'll likely have it tomorrow if you order today.

18. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    My Blockbuster preorder hasn't arrived. Makes me wonder why I even bothered to preorder when they can't even get it to me on release day.

19. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

This is the most positive report back so far!

Might just pop out to Sainsbury's (5 minute walk) and be done with it. Least I'll know then. If they have it, it's a safe best that places like Tesco will as well.

Seriously, WTF is going on with the distribution here???

20. aussiehippy

Ebay:
    That's crappy mate, at least those who preordered in a store would've been able to play their copy today.

I've bought plenty of games on release day without preordering and never had any issue before. Is this down to some bizarre decision from Activision that reckons there's no market for Transformers games in the UK, even if said game gets consistently good reviews?