UK comic arriving late

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by rodster6, Oct 10, 2008.

1. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    When I first subscribed to the UK Transformers comic I would get it in the post the Saturday before the Thursday it would be out in the shops. Thehjn it started coming a couple of days later on the Monday before it was out in the shops. Now I get it the Saturday AFTER it comes out in the shops so im actually getting it late.
    Has anyone else who subscribed to the uk comic found this?

2. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Sounds like perhaps the wonderful postal service we have here to me. I don't subscribe myself, but maybe it's something you should contact Titan about just to check. I'm assuming there's a contact email in the issue for subscriptions you could go to.
    Personally I just go buy mine at Tescos. They always have loads in and so far haven't been late out.

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    Well I've subscribed and my Issue 16 didn't come at all. My mum phoned every week and they always sent another one out and now she phoned yesterday and said they've got none left and they put me on the priority list so if they get some in they will send me one and they also said they would give me a extra issue free

4. rodster6

Ebay:
    I havent recieved the latest issue yet but expect I will tomorrow. If not I think I'll have to ring them up yet again about it. I've been a subscriber since issue 2 so find it kind of annoying that im now missing issues or getting them late.

5. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Definitely ring them if it's not with you by tomorrow. I just went this morning and bought one from Tescos. I'm assuming you get some kind of price saving by subscribing, but it's not worth it if everything starts to arrive late and then you also have to spend out on phonecalls to get it sorted.
    Nice on the free issue, but it'll still suck if you miss #16 in the end. If it was me I'd nip out to a newsagent and see if they've still got some of #16 left before they do their weekly returns, since #17 is out now so #16 won't be on shelves anymore. I know it defeats the point of subscribing, but subscribing seems to have failed somewhat for you in this instance. I would guess they'd send you a #16 from what newsagents return that they didn't sell, so it's up to you.

6. rodster6

Ebay:
    Yea I get 30% off I think it was as I have subscibed for two years. I suppose its not the end of the world if it arrives a few days late but I find it annoying just out of principal that at first you get it so much earlier and thats part of how they advertised subscribing too originally by saying youd recieve issues early. Then gradually keeps getting later and later.

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I can understand that, and worse when you can see it out in shops already and yours hasn't arrived when it's promised for almost a week before. Contact them anyway - they might give you a free issue like Ratchet2007 here since you've been kept waiting so often. :) 

8. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've just placed a subscription via Tesco Clubcard Vouchers. A year's subscription for only £8.45! :thumbs2: 

9. rodster6

Ebay:
    Wow, how did you do that? I might try that for the animated comic if its any good.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I just get the newsagent my dad gets his 2000 AD from to put me by a copy :)  Nice guy.

11. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting for the new issue here. :( 

12. rodster6

Ebay:
    I still havent recieved it yet! Tried to ring them and they are closed on Saturdays so have to wait till Monday now and if it still is'nt here I'll have to complain. Im sure last month when this happened I rang them on a Saturday and they were available.
    Looks like Im going to get the issue a week later than its out in the shops now!

13. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Condolences, mate. Hopefully you'll get there in the end.
    Once it gets to a point the comics become hard to find in the shops I'll get the newsagent just down the road from me to order me them in. For now I just don't like to be tied to geting them at one shop, and Tescos had an exclusive extra gift one time so I'd hate to miss out on any more of those should they do it again. There's always options. :) 

14. rodster6

Ebay:
    Yea I remmeber that extra free gift at tesco, i ended up getting that issue twice lol. Kind of annoying you show loyalty by subscribing then lose out on a free gift because of it.

15. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    Mines never came today either, I'll wait till Thursday if I don't get it by then my mum will phone cause then it would be out for a full week

16. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    My comic finally arrived today

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Better late than never. Of course, never late would be better still.
    That's why I always look to Tescos first when the issue comes out, just in case. That said, I think that was also the issue where the plastic bag it came in was completely sealed, so I had to cut along the bottom to open it and then tape it closed again once I'd read it. I was damned if I was going to buy two of the same issue just to keep one sealed for my collection.
    But yeah, I bet you would feel a bit betrayed when your loyalty of subscribing is shafted like that.

18. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today. :D 

19. rodster6

Ebay:
    Yep mine arrived today too. Still a bit miffed it comes so late now.

20. Ratchet2007

News Credits:
    One thing I find weird though is that all our comics arrived on the same day :inquisiti