UK anniversary DVD

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by kjeevahh, Jan 18, 2007.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    does such a thing exist? was the anniversary DVD actually just a USA only release? and if so when will it be gracing our grey wet and windy shores?

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The Sony release was for North American release only. A Metrodome anniversary DVD is scheduled for March, but will not feature the same video transfers or special features.

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To expand on that - what they're calling the "Ultimate Edition" (available in one or two disc versions) will be out in June (not May), serving, obviously enough, to ride the wave of live-action movie hype, rather than to be an anniversary edition.

Much like the Sony version, it's a new remastered version in widescreen on one disc, with the fullscreen version on the second disc. I've seen the remaster, and I'd rate is as quite possibly the best the movie has looked - better than Sony's, even, from what I've seen of that one. Metrodome do have access to some of Sony's materials, so some of the special features MAY carry over. Most notably, though, expect to see Scramble City WITH audio, as well as Zone, and a new audio commentary by me on the movie, and maybe some other bits.

4. Mixmaster

Mixmaster logh ghot SIS yoD TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  5. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    will the special features be comparable? the main selling points of the US version for me were teh lenticular cover and the huge array of special features

6. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Scramble City's a cool extra. However I do wish it wasn't Metrodome; IRC a while back they ripped off a bunch of artists' work for their TF DVDs without paying them (or even telling them).

7. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Dangerous when naked! TFW2005 Supporter

May look into it when it comes out, but I got the US 20th anni DVD for cheap and just bought a DVD region X for my PS2 and it came to less than £20 so I'm happy anyway :) 

8. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Maybe I'll order it when I learn more about the special features. I have seen things on Metrodome TF Movie DVDs that I haven't seen anywhere else. I wonder what's left to be shown?