Uh What did Megatron Just Say?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mandatum, Oct 28, 2007.

1. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    this thread is :lolol 

2. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

He says "Up you get" according the the subtitles. Which puzzles me that he would say such a ******ed line, who actually has ever said "up you get". No one, thats who.

3. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

Ha! It is bizarre actually.

Mosts 'bots have hardly a line to share between each other but they make time for this...?:confused: 

I have a feeling I've said it a quite few times. But it doesn't sound as bad in an English accent...:) 

4. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it was showing Prime's quirky old-uncle side. I dunno, it just seemed okay for a big father figure robot to say to tiny primitive meat people when getting into his hand.

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I think this could be the line that gets Megatron his Oscar.

...and I posted in this thread simply so I wouldn't have to see that stupid fucking "Megan Fox should quit acting" thread at the top of the page in the main boards window.

6. Autobot HipHop

Autobot HipHop Covert Operations

I thought I was the only one who couldn't decipher those Prime lines at first. Then when I checked out the subtitles on the DVD and found out that he said "up you get" I almost wish I hadn't checked it out. Probable one of my most hated lines in the movie. That and right after the girl says "nokia is from finland" and the Secretary of Defense says "yes but shhh, he's a little strange, little strange" it was just another awkward line that made me go wtf?

Everything else seemd to be ok but I'm sure there was at least one other time that was cringe worthy.

"Up you get" is still the worst. Nitpicky? Maybe, but the line still sucked.

7. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    all that matters is that they made the sound "kukukaka" (transformation sound) :) 

8. BlackTrailerOps

I absolutely hate all of John Turturro's lines. That character should have been totally different. But I think my least favorite line is "Oh and her juevey record, thats gotta be gone, like forever" Juevey records get wiped clean after you turn 18.

9. starscreamer.

starscreamer. Well-Known Member

'take down ur clothes all of it'
    stuuuuuuppppppiiiiiiiiid

wrong thread..but she is a bad actor

10. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    thanks for letting us know :thumb 

11. a person

a person Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lolol 

12. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

is it just me or when megatron jumps through the glass window of the white building after sam it sounds like he yells "kapla" if so he must of watched a few star trek episodes on youtube via the web or something while frozen lol

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    megatron was reciting the chorus of the ketchup song, but in cybertronian.

14. Autobot HipHop

:lolol 

I see what you mean, but most of Sam's lines I thought were pretty funny and delivered well. I didn't even mind Megan's acting (maybe because she's easy on the eyes).

The John Turturro character was just odd. Why they would put a man like that in charge of a highly classified top secret government agency is beyond me. but then again, when you look at the white house...

15. BlackTrailerOps

The line from the book was a lot better. I actually think the guy who did the novelization of the movie script did a fantastic job. The way he handle Bumblebee's first time being able to speak again was awesome. I was very impressed by that, but thought it was stupid the movie "I wish to stay with the boy" "You speak now", how moronically lame is that?

Yeah I think Turturro's character was supposed to be almost a jab at the government, but also put in there for slapstick comedy even though the rest of the comedy in the film isn't slapstick at all.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Well, according to the additional fiction, his family has always been running Sector 7, his family was responsible for moving Megatron to the Hoover Dam facility, so the group must have a lot of left over loyalty to the family.

17. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Bonecrusher: Are we sure he said "I hate you!"? It sounds like he just grunts a lot. But if he did actually get a line, that's pretty cool.

Barricade: I was really hoping I'd find out what he says as he is running up to smash Bumblebee, but nothing. It does sound like, as someone else put it, "This one is mine!" I like that line. It's not like he can really distinguish humans, and he only wants him for the glasses. Cool line, if in fact that 's what he said.

Megatron: I watched the movie last night and didn't hear him say anything when Archibald touched his hand. Maybe I'm missing it. If he said "I still function" what a great nod to the fans that would be. And yea, when he lands in the city, and when he smashes through the window, those lines are indecipherable.

Frenzy: I can't understand hardly any of Frenzy's non-subbed lines. When he kills the guys at Hoover Dam and reactiviates Megatron it sounds like he says, "Big guy! Big guy! Big guy!" That and his "Oh shit!" lines are the only ones that sounds remotely like English.

It bothers me that so many of the Transformers' lines are garbled. I wish they had either been stright up English or Cybertronian with subtitles. It just makes it hard to understand what they're saying.

18. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Listen to the fight scene between Bonecrusher and Optimus Prime and listen closely, right before he gets the sword to the face you can definately hear "AUUUGGGHHHIIIHATEYOUUUU!"
    So yeah, he does grunt a LOT but its definately there, my little brother who didn't even know that was Bonecrusher's deal caught it the first time we saw the movie and when I went back the second time he DEFINATELY said it.
    This one is a little bit more debatable, but when the camera zooms under his under belly it kind of sounds like "OPPP-TEAAA-MASSS".
    DN

19. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure when Frenzy was messing around with the computers he said "MEGATRON MEGATRON"

20. Autobot HipHop

I completely agree with you about BC saying "I Hate you". Although it's kinda a hot button topic around these parts with the "hearers" and the "non-hearers".

And everyone in the Non-hearers camp using the "it's not in the subtitles" arguement as if there is no chance in h*ll that a sound in the movie wouldn't show up in the text.