Uh oh...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Mister D, May 13, 2006.

1. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

"Speaking of high-def, Stan Glasgow, president and chief operating officer of Sony Electronics, has apparently let it be known that the company won't have enough components on hand to manufacture enough Blu-ray Disc players to meet the expected demand in the States this year (you can read more on this via PC Mag). Apparently, the global explosion in the popularity of electronics devices like cell phones has led to a tightening supply of chips and other components, and thus higher prices. That certainly isn't good news for the Blu-ray Disc camp."

From The Digital Bits
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

2. Gigatron_2005

Gigatron_2005 President of Calendars

...ZOMG P$3 SHORTAGE!!

But seriously, Wii is coming. Thats the console to get this holiday season. Anyway, if Im going to get a P$3, Im going to get it after the holiday rush. After all the bugs are worked out and you can easily walk into stores and get one. Because if my $600 console with no rumble feature were to crash on me, my rage would go through the roof!

3. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    If the Wii comes in under the $300 mark without having the gimp syndrom the the $299 360 has that is what I will buy. $600 for the fully loaded POS3 Sony can eat a fat one.

4. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

so ps3 shortage....

who did not saw that one?

5. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

The Wii is almost certainly coming in at under $300. Those rumors have abounded for many months, and EGM listed the price (prematurely it seems) at $250. Were Nintendo to release the system for $299, I think it would be a big PR blunder.

There have been some reports saying it may come in under $200, which practically makes it an impulse buy compared to the 360 and P$3, especially during the holiday season.

Moreover, if there ARE P$3 shortages (and there are bound to be them), a parent looking for a temporary alternative may be drawn to the Wii.

6. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    As I recall, there was an insane PS2 shortage when it launched. And the PSX for that matter....