Uh…because we’re the reason the f***ing company EXISTS, that’s why. (work related)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ops_was_a_truck, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    My department usually has some pretty early risers (myself included.) Sometimes, we’ll arrive at work around 5-6am to get work done while nobody’s in the office – it means more work can get done without people dropping by and being like, “Hey, did you see that episode of America’s Got Talent?” (which, honestly, I did not, and care in no way about the a capella singing rock band; that sounds ******ed.)

Now, the fact that we get to work early means that, by like 4:00 or 4:30, we be burned out. Some of the guys in my department will log their time and leave early.

Recently, human resources – who are between us and the exit door – complained to the brass that we were leaving early. “Why do they get to leave at 4:00 or 4:30 and we don’t?” was, apparently, their general gripe.

Now, I should note that none of us are trying to stiff the company or weasel their way into a few more dollars of pay by working less. Some of these guys don’t take breaks and just log 9-10-hour days. The fact that they're leaving by 4 is not a result of them trying to "skip out early," it's that they've been calculating and drafting since the sun started makin' daylight!

…and yet, the brass came down on our department. WTF!?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So nobody looked at the timeclock before bitching?

3. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    Is this time accounted for by your supervisor? Is there any way to prove what time you come in? If so, you're covered and you can provide this info to the higher ups. If not, well, honestly, you're screwing yourself. I believe everything you say and I understand as I would do the samething. But without a way to prove it...

4. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I guess not. We all log our time on computers, though, so I guess only the management dudes would have access to that info. That's why it boggles me that they still saw this as an issue.

5. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

When it comes to a situation like this, it's the one time I'm glad I have to account for every minute of my work day. If someone has an issue with me leaving early or whatever, I can point to my time report and say "Here's my 8 hours."

Thank goodness I can do pretty much whatever the hell I want.

6. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Just start working 9-5, I'm sure someone can bring up the issue when productivity starts going down.

7. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

Do people ever do research before they start bitching these days?

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you need to send lolgear links to your admin so theyd chill the fuck out.

9. Ops_was_a_truck

Ebay:
    I like that idea the most.

HR person: "Mr. Administrator...the engineering dept. is leaving early again!"

Admin: <laughing hysterically>

HR: "...are you laughing at me!?"

Admin: "The...frickin' robot is peeking out from inside his camera mode...OH MAH GAWD, THIS IS FUNNY!...<gasping for air>"

10. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    It happeneds here sometimes too...cept people bitch when I leave right at time my regular shift ends, not 8 hours after I got here.

"whoa, taking off a little early, must be nice..."

Yeah, it was nice at 7:00 when I got here and you didn't show up till 8:30...:mad 

11. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Oh come on, you really think people have the time these days to do a little critical thinking before flying into a blind rage? It's so much easier to shoot first and ask questions later.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

That's exactly what you should tell them... I'm serious.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Douche bags. When they come in early, they can leave early.

Fucker losers.

14. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I didn't have time to read that statement, all I saw was something about blind rage and thinking. I am highly offended by those statements and will be reporting your actions to the moderators of this forum. Good day sir or madam (I couldn't be bothered to see who sent the reply it enraged me so much.)

15. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I can relate to that. I show up at 8am and work until 6pm. Everyone else shows up at 9am or later. Whenever one of them has to work 9-7 they bitch, I like to remind them I work the same hours they are complaining about daily. They never see my point.

"Well I was only supposed to work 9-6"
    "AANNND??"

Sorry OWAT that does suck.

16. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    HR being under working douchebags? Who would have thought it?

17. Zzeezz

Zzeezz Ambassador of Music TFW2005 Supporter

We kind of do the same thing where I work, and I find that the people who complain about it the most are the ones that seem to always come in late and leave early. Go figure.

18. Vector Sigma

Vector Sigma <b><i><font color=FFFF00>Crazy Colon Burner!!!!</b Veteran

That sucks man.

This is why I loved my gap year working before uni, the bosses weren't there much so clocking in and out wasn;t an issue (I was always there the full time though, no pissing about on that score), but time sheets were. I never bullshitted when we were billing clients, but they should have realised something was wrong when I claimed I spent a full week shredding papers during the year. But then, I was the only one to notice that a weekly set of data we were being sent and had to report on was compoletly and utterly wrong, so in my mind, it balences out. Yes, I am probably a horrible person...

19. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I feel your pain. I had almost the same thing happen to me. My street (dead end street, only one way out) was being totally ripped up and replaced to put all new sewer lines in and I had to be out of here by 7:30am for around 2 months. I made a deal with my boss to come in at 8 and leave at 4. He had no problems with it at all cause I'de still be putting in my 40. Well other people were getting mad that I was leaving at 4, never mind that I'de already worked an hour before they even got there. Needless to say I had to go back to my normal schedule.

20. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    You need to start pranking the HR department.

May I suggest glitter in the air ducts and fan casings?