Ugh, I'm not having any luck buying Henkei/Classics...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dave_6, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either no one has them in stock, or I add them to my cart and place the order then receive an email telling me that they didn't actually have them. I ordered Henkei Prowl, Bluestreak and Galvatron from TF Source today and I believe I'm good to go with those. These are the few left that I need:

Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe
    Cyclonus
    Ironhide
    Ratchet
    Red Alert (may wait for the Generations release)
    Inferno
    Starscream
    Smokescreen

I see the Universe releases on Ebay and I almost want to just 'settle' for those, but I'd really rather have the Henkei versions. Any idea if there are going to be reissues of these, like there was for Hound (which I got from TF Source)?

2. Gen. Hospital

Gen. Hospital Well-Known Member

I've seen both Henkei Sunstreaker and Henkei Lambor (Sideswipe) on ebay.

EDIT: Yep, still there. Seen (and bought) a couple of the others from sellers in Hong Kong.

3. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Some of those are harder to find (Cyclonus, Red Alert and Inferno come to mind). I actually sold my Henkei Inferno about 2 months ago. I do have a Henkei Cyclonus on eBay right now. Sitting at $30 atm. However, it is an auction style listing. So if you don't like that style, I understand.

As for Red Alert, I'd just wait until the Generations release comes out. That should lower the price if you still want a Henkei version.

*please forgive the shameless eBay plug*

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I can't imagine Alabama being a haven for Japanese Import shops, but I would highly suggest finding one over having to go online. A shop here locally in Seattle has nearly all of those (everything you listed minus Cyclonus and Alert) in stock. He's actually having a table at CybCon to sell some wares also.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah Alabama definitely isn't a haven for finding Japanese imports! It's hard enough finding new releases at the large retail stores lol. Plus I get frustrated that I wasn't really looking for these back when they first came out. The '07 movie got me back into Transformers and I happened to get lucky and got a few of the Classics on clearance at Walmart that summer. I never went back and got the rest of them though and I had no idea about Henkei at that time because I hadn't found this place yet! :) 

Thanks for the info though. I had Ratchet, Ironhide, Cyclonus and Sideswipe in my cart at Edbomber, but when I went to check out it changed to showing Cyclonus and Ironhide to be out of stock. I then just backed out and figured I would try to search around some more this weekend.

7. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

As noted the henkei chrome parts actually make some of the toys look worse than the non-chromed classics hasbro toys. examples henkei grimlock.

about the only henkei toy i'd recommend getting if nerf gun megatron.

8. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Yeah, this is what I'm doing. Henkei Red Alert is crazy-hard to find - the only two I can find through eBay at the moment cost £60+, and whilst I love the crazy fella, I don't love him that much.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I would recommend Universe Starscream over Classics if you have to choose between the two.

10. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Henkei Cyclonus is getting a re-release. It was in the same report that named Henkei Prime and Hound as well. Now, those two have been reissued so its a good bet old Cyclonus will follow... (same report also mentioned reissued Predacons, so I'd say he's good with his sources!)

11. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hell, if you happen to find a decent comic/import shop in the Bham area, let a junkion know. I usually end up scouring from Talladega to Anniston, Gadsden, and Birmingham for all my stuf. It's hit & miss every time too. It would be nice to have an import shop close by though...well, within an hour.

12. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    Henkei Astrotrain is also a must buy.....

13. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

LOL "As noted." As noted where? That's not the topic of discussion in this thread.

Anyway.

Dave_6, I'll try to talk to some of the local guys today and see if I can get you an e.mail addy or a site or something.

14. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I have Classics Grimlock as I like it better than the Henkei version. I also already have Henkei Astrotrain since I liked its paint apps better than the Classics one. Here's what I already have incase anyone wants to know:

Classics-

Bumblebee
    Cliffjumper
    Prime
    Grimlock
    Hot Rod
    Mirage
    Ultra Magnus
    Jetfire
    Skywarp
    Ramjet
    Megatron
    Nemesis Prime
    Universe Onslaught
    Universe Acidstorm

Henkei-

Astrotrain
    Hound
    Galvatron
    Prowl
    Bluestreak

Generations Drift and Thrust

15. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

I believe that when I see it. Sure, those others were reissued, but we are still awaiting news on Cyclonus.

16. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    If it'll make your search easier, Sideswipe is almost no different in his Henkei release. He has the chrome, and they omitted his engine pack, but the plastic colors and paint aps are the same.

For the most part, I don't like the henkei stuff, but I do think Smokescreen and Red Alert look great. Good luck with the hunt~

17. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

to a 50/50 degree.

While the toy might be in more accurate cartoon colors. the cartoon color scheme doesn't look decent on all 3 modes. it kinda looks unrealistic to see a grey colored space shuttle & a unrealistic to see a grey colored train.

At the very least the hasbro version looks more realistically colored in all 3 modes. also the hasbro colors look way better on the mold. space shuttles are actually white. speed bullet trains in japan are white.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Both Astrotrain's have accurate paint schemes, just depends on if you want show accurate or G1 toy accurate.