Ugh! i cant stand the Club prices for international members!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Napjr, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Napjr

Napjr Mr. Internet Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    And here comes my annual rant for this topic :lol 

Everyone is aware of the insane prices for international members for the TF Club, after all these years ive kinda accepted them (otherwise, what would i do?)

Customer service has been nice overall these years, i still remember when a my free Skyfall was lost in the mail (and a year later Landquake too), and they resend me the pieces at no extra cost.

Even then, for years my magazine arrived in really poor shape, at the time, they told me they couldnt really use any kind of protection because it was cost prohibitve... Im very glad they ship the magazine in a bubbled envelope

Im also glad they lowered a bit the price for international membership, but seriously, i still cant believe mexicans cant pay the same price as canadians at least! we pay the same cost as overseas members!

And on top of that, shipping quotes for the toys are always... insane

Drift & Overrun had a $63 shipping quote with usps, extra for bubble and signature... fedex was like $80-90 (and they ALWAYS charge extra taxes upon arrival)

Meanwhile, and amazon order i made for the movie trilogy boxset shipped last monday with an estimated delivering time around february 15th... got it yesterday, Damn! that was quick! Very surprised amazon used DHL and only paid $16.99 for shipping... Obviously the box is waaaaay bigger than the equivalent for 2 deluxe figures

Again, i cant understand these prices when my country is next to the United States! Crap! i can ship a voyager sized box via airmail and with a tracking code for less than $20!!!!

Ugh i really dont like it

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    qq moar

... seriously though, it's just how it is when you don't live in the States. Things will cost more for reasons that don't seem practical in terms of distance & whatnot, but that's how the world turns, unfortunatly. :( 

3. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The DVD is considered media right? Media shipping is cheaper then normal shipping. I wouldn't compare Amazon to something like the club anyways.

But them's the breaks. In 25 years the US, Canada, and Mexico are all one Union with free health care then this will be a problem of the past.

4. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Whilst i have never ordered from the club myself, there does appear to be a view that internstional shipping charges are well in excess of actual costs

5. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    ^They are. It costs $50 to ship ONE deluxe. There is no reason it should cost that much.

6. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Holy shit...

7. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    What shipping method do they use?

8. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

USPS is the advertised way for that. (bout 20 days shipping, so the slowest option)

9. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That's so crazy, because first class international can get a single boxed exclusive figure anywhere on the planet for $15 or less.

The only ways I can see it getting up to a realistic $50 for one are obnoxiously huge boxes w/dimensions over 12", and insurance.

10. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That's what I thought when I saw it. $50 for a lot of 6 or more I can understand, but $50 for one measly deluxe is a bit much. If Runabout didn't have a downright sexy deco, I probably wouldn't have gotten him.

I used the standard shipping method. It was going to cost an extra $16 or so to use FedEx, who I've heard from many people are completely terrible.

11. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The postage is the only reason I avoid the TFCC otherwise is happily buy from them :) 

12. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I feel for you guys. this time I tried to help as much as I could. Nap, next time you should try to find a board member that could get you a figure. I could probably help you next time..

13. tas262

tas262 Well-Known Member

It's this reason I don't join the club. When the shipping is more expensive than the actual toy I really can't justify paying it. I had a ROTF Bruticus with Explorer and Munitioner shipped for less than the cost of shipping one club exclusive.

14. Hot n Spicy

Hot n Spicy Well-Known Member

Those prices are ludicrous. I have stuff shipped to me in Australia all the time from all over the world, and it usually doesn't cost more than $30 for a bunch of deluxes, with tracking and insurance.

15. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

You want to hear crazy, I once bought an item from someone who lives in the same province as I do. It cost about 4 times as much to ship to my house as it did my American receiving address.

16. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Whilst I wouldent go as far as to accuse FunPub as profting ftom the shipping, they're either;

A) Deliberatley keeping it high to deter international members as they can't be bothered with the customs forms etc..

B) Being lazy and not looking at all the options available, arrogantly thinking that people will pay it regardless. I didn't bother last year and only did it this year because the two figures made a cool pairing.

This is a screen grab from my TF-Source customer history. I ordered a retail case of *8* (yes, eight!) Generations deluxes as we weren't getting the range in the UK.

[​IMG]

Putting aside USA vs UK pricing, you will see that TF-Source can send me EIGHT DELUXES, in a sealed retail case for what it costs FunPub to send me one.

I hasten to add that TF-source packaged the case as an item, theu didn't just put an adress label on it....

So come on FunPub, whats really going on here?

17. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shipping to mexico is a lot cheaper then shipping to europe. USPS only uses airmail express to ship to sweden and the minimum on box packages always seems to be an avg of 20 dollars up to 4 pounds and 50 up to 8. It doesn't make sense why it would cost more to go to mexico or canada then even a half of that.

18. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What shipping methods are you using. For me that would be considered a pipe dream. Try shipping a figure to Sweden, or getting a quote.

19. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shipping to sweden for one deluxe is usually around $20.

20. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    When I brought Cheetor and 2 x Ramjet last year, shipping was around $65. The actual postage was $25, and the box was provided free courtesy of USPS. I'd love to know how they can justify the extra $40. Since then I ordered Over-Run through an intermediary in the US which has saved me a fortune.