UFO Dreambox Set Jetwing Prime Addon & Buster Prime Gastank Gun

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Jigga, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked up a couple of UFO offering this past weekend. I picked up The Jetwing Set ($35), Gas Tank Gun ($15) and a pair of Prime Hooks (freebie).

[​IMG]

First up is the UFO Dreambox Set which is the Jetwing Addon for your ROTF/Buster Prime or DOTM Striker Prime. The set comes in either Silver to match ROTF/Buster Prime or you can get the darker plastic one to match Striker Prime.

First up is the packaging, pretty simple with some graphics of Prime's eye and on the back is a list of all the addon for Prime. Not sure what it all means, does it mean UFO will make all the addon? But in the box, all you get is the Jetwing pack and the two gatling guns and two heel stabilizers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My first impression of this set is that its about average. The plastic quality on the pack seems a bit thin and cheap and the ratchet on one of my wings are already really loose out of the box. Second problem I have with my set is that the paint applications are not done very well. Refer the pictures below.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But quality aside, I think this is a cheap addon to give your Prime a more complete look. It took a bit of time to figure out how to put on the jetpack as there are no instructions in the box. And the jetwing will fit on a ROTF Prime with no issues as that the Prime I used for this review. The heel stabilizers do help with standing Prime up with the jetwing but he is still very back heavy and will fall back if you don't balance him properly. But my overall impression is that if you don't want to drop the money for a DOTM Jetwing Prime and want the look then this set will do it for you. But the quality of the paint and plastic could be better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On to my second item for review, the Buster Prime add on mod to give a ROTF Prime the Buster gun look. Once again, this item comes in either silver or the darker D-28 Striker Prime plastic. Once the again the plastic quality on this item is lacking and the panels on the original Prime seems really hard to remove. It got to the point that I just gave up and left the original back panels on as I didn't want to break my Prime. But I have to say the Gun does transform well but recreates the Buster Prime look. The gun is completely painted silver and once again the paint apps could be a bit better as I had some paint chips just transforming the gun back and forth. Only detail that is missing that I can see is smoked out tip from the original.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last item I got are the Prime hooks and there's not much to say about them as they are a KO of the battle hooks given away in Japan two years ago. Overall impression of all the UFO offerings are that they help give your Prime the look you desire but the paint apps could be better. Hopefully they will release the Striker Prime parts and I'll do a review on those if they do come out.

2. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I hope so too. I'd love to be able to put my Primes in Stealth Force mode :) 

3. Rodimus89

Rodimus89 Protector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where did you get these so cheap?

4. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    I'm wondering if those prices don't include shipping...

5. Pete Prime

Pete Prime Active Member

Thanks for thr review,but i´m so confused now.

I thought the Jetwing Set is not compatible with Buster Prime or Striker Prime?

And do i have to buy the Replica Back Panel & Buster Guns Set for my ROTF Optimus Prime to add the Jetwing Set or not?

6. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Which version of the jetwing set did you get? Silver, Grey, or Dark Grey.

Which set of replacement panels did you get?

Where did you get them?

Thank you for the review.

7. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked these up in China

The prices included shipping domestically in China

This is a 3P Jetwing pack so it might be slightly different but it fits fine as you can see. I believe the back panels of ROTF, Buster and Striker are similar except for the gas tank gun on buster prime. Answer to second question is that you do not need the separate replica back panel for it to work with this set. I just wanted the gas tank gun. In fact I didn't know how to take off the original back panel and I felt that if I push to hard the OG panel could break so I just left them on and took the gun.

I got the silver version for both the jetwing set and the gas tank guns.

UPDATE:
    If you do get this set, be careful as the ratchet on the wing on mine broke. I believe the spring is too strong and when I ratcheted the wings a couple of times it separated the wings the part of where the screws holes are cracked. I got a new set from the seller as he replace my original but second set had the same issue. Does anyone know of a good fix? I think the spring is too strong. Should I loosen the screws or use grease in the ratchet? Any suggestions would be great.

8. snip312

snip312 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Try taking the spring out and cut them to lessen the resistance. .be careful though.

9. Pete Prime

Pete Prime Active Member

Thanks for the info.

10. Xephon0930

Xephon0930 Well-Known Member

So where can I get the replica Gas Tank Guns like the ones you have?

11. OptimusFan12

OptimusFan12 Active Member

12. OptimusFan12

OptimusFan12 Active Member

How did u remove the original canons and attach the jetwing

13. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The original canons are not removed, if you look at my pictures, they are turned upwards and that gives the back enough clearance to fit the jetpack on.

14. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder if this set scales to Voyager class series. Those gatling guns look SICK and would be perfect for a project I am working on. If you have any leads on this, it would be greatly appreciated ^_^

CybertronianFan

15. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These are replica of the Taktomy jetwing prime addon so it's design for a leader class Prime. It wouldn't scale right in my opinion as they are already BFG for Leader Prime. It would be hard to balance the weight for a voyager prime.

16. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *sighs* my search continues .....

17. Xephon0930

Xephon0930 Well-Known Member

I really love how the replacement back panels and gas canisters have the pegs needed to attach the Striker Equipment for the APS and original Strikere Prime. Which is next on my list.

18. TheBigMachine

TheBigMachine Initiating JAZZ HANDS!

News Credits:
    So, this set turns regular ROTF Leader Prime or Striker Prime into Buster Prime + Wingblade Prime giving you the best of all worlds?

Anyone know how the U.F.O. gastank guns compare to Cubex's gastank guns?

19. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got my set of Jetwings (UFO Dreambox Set A) and mine is great.

Only issue I have is:

1A. It's airbrushed only, no clear coat.
    1B. There is no plastic cover for the plastic case it comes in, so while it's being shipped, it rubs up against the cardboard box, removing paint, at each point it touches the box. Due to 1A this is an issue.
    1C. The paint that comes on it, has a real, dry dusty feel to it and NEEDS a clear coat.

2. It sits a little loose on him. Which is probably because I don't have the proper gas tank panels on him, which leave a gap.

Other than that, no issues at all.. I have HFTD Leader Battle Hooks Prime (With Battle damage) I had to remove the panels that the tanks are on to get this to attach properly. However, those panels just pop off and are really easy to remove..

As far as the ratchet goes, I have no issues with mine, I can't even seem to find the hinge your referring to, unless it's part of the ratchet its self and mine works fine... so far..

20. Jigga

Jigga Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You shouldn't have to remove the gas tank panel on HFTD Prime as I believe its the same mold as ROTF Prime except for the battle damage and the hooks. You just need to swivel the gastank panels up, refer to my pic and if your pack sits loosely. Make sure you have the clip on the bottom of the jetpack fitted on properly. If you look at the top of the jetpack, you should see that the plastic is cut on an angle that fits against the gastank when you swivel them up.