UFC Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dkr7, Jan 26, 2012.

1. dkr7

dkr7 "Argh' Hexagonal Nuts!"

News Credits:
    Not sure if the are many fans on here so i thought i'd start a thread to find some fellow fans. I won't post any fight spoilers yet as i'm not sure where other fans are at as far as watching events.

I guess an easy way to start is favorite fighter, fighting style and your favorite fight.

I'll start:

Favorite fighter: Anthony Pettis - kids got tonnes of heart and isn't afraid to try something special for the fans, huge fan of stand up and pettis has been involved in some of the best exchanges i've seen. He's great on the ground especially with subs and with a bit more td defense he'll be back on trackfor a title shot imo.

Fight style: fan of all styles, big fan of technical striking exchanges tho, get annoyed at wrestlers laying on people or holding against the cage without attacking or trying to advance their position.

Favorite fight: Frank Mir vs. Noguiera II, was jumping like a mad man at that finish.

What are yours?

2. millerman3732

millerman3732 I remain unconvinced.

News Credits:
    I'll play, I usually don't miss a fight. Can't wait for this week end.

Fav Fighter: GSP Baby! Love him or hate him he's good. After that it would be Chael Sonnen, I just read an interview with Dana White in which he said ''I have to have two press conferences just to clear up all the shit this guy says.''

Fight Style: I generally prefer a good stand up match (Hendo v Rua), but I do enjoy a good grappling/jujitsu match as well, when Mir popped Big Nogs arm was insane.

Fav Fight: Gotta be Silva v Sonnen, probably not the best fight I've seen but man was it exciting.

3. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

um there are 2 of these threads dkreed

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Honestly, a little part of me dies inside ever time I'm talking with someone who's a fight fan... but who doesn't know who GSP is.

5. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

Favorite fighter: Matt Hughes, he was the first fighter I ever paid attention to.

Fight style: Kickboxing, I just like seeing people get their faces kicked in.

Favorite fight: Diego "Nightmare" Sanchez vs Clay "The Carpenter" Guida. From the second this fight started to the decision this fight was high octane and never had a dull moment. I didn't care who won, cause the fans were the ones who truly won.

6. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't wait to see Nick Daiz Slap around Carlos! On Sat!

7. spikeygq

spikeygq Active Member

First fight i every fully saw was Diego Sanchez vs Clay Guida a year or 2 back, and omg that was INSANE! been a casual fan since!

8. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

Exactly the fight I was talking about. It was beyond epic.

9. spikeygq

spikeygq Active Member

Dan Henderson vs Shogun Rua was a pretty sick fight too! i lost 20 bucks to my buddy cuz i chose shogun lol

10. Gatehawk

Gatehawk Gooner

The Hendo fight I remember was when he knocked out Bisping, good times, good times.
    [​IMG]

11. spikeygq

spikeygq Active Member

lol yea that last punch was just unnecessary!