UFC 69 *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_Bardock, Apr 8, 2007.

1. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Now that was a pretty amazing show. I know people watched the last one, so I hope even more watched this one.

Serra VS GSP: WOW!!!!! What an upset. I never thought i'd see Serra beating GSP but hey thats how it goes.

Diego VS Koscheck: *falls asleep* what there was a fight? what a horrible horrible hyped up match. Koscheck by bore.

Garcia VS Huerta(sp?): Now this was an amazing match. They both just kept going and going. Guess Huerta was just too big for the little guy.

Okami VS Swick: A pretty good fight, but Okami definately ran out of energy after that first round. He was still able to take him down and win the fight though.

Kendall VS Belcher: Kendall definately looked amazing. His striking was better, his ground was better. Perfect win for him.

So what did anyone else think?

2. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Actually I think that you summed it all up pretty well. Kendall looked pretty good, but that was a fluff match for him. That guy was supposed to look good (ie ripped out) but not be a great fighter and someone that would lose and make Kendall look good.

I think it was the same w/ Swick, but as does happen quite a lot in the UFC, the underdog won and the favorite, Swick, got stomped.

What, Koscheck won that fight? I fell asleep. Seriously though, Kos did what he needed to do to beat Diego, and Diego didn't even try to do anything he needed to do to beat Koscheck. Stupid fight on Diego's part, pretty smart fight on Kos' except for it being so incredibly boring.

GSP and Serra, wow. That is all I can say. This is perfect for the UFC though, b/c now they can have the Hughes vs. GSP fight to determine who fights Serra. in the meantime, they can have Serra fight Koscheck as a filler fight.

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I wanted to watch this but I couldnt make it to my friends house in time. Nice review.

4. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Yeah. The welterweight division just got turned upside down. I feel bad for GSP, he is a great representative for the sport, very polite and well liked. I was hoping for a lengthy run. I like Serra too, but this just wasn't supposed to happen.

That is the beauty of MMA, anything can happen at anytime.

*fears for Fedor Vs Lindland.

5. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

I really wanna know what the hell happened with the Diego/ Koscheck match. Those two were holding back a lot. Someone I sat with at the place I watched it was thinking that it was rigged or something. Whatever the case it was disappointing.

The rest of the night though, was great

6. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Fights seeming rigged are a main reason I hold back from liking UFC. The recent Silvia vs. Arlovsky fight was one, as well as many other recent PPV main events. It's like they want those return bouts to happen to get PPV buys. Pride seemed way better in that respect, but I guess that's down the toilet...

7. Frank Horrigan

Frank Horrigan YAR! I be posting!

Koschek having a boring fight?

I don't believe you.

8. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

see i didnt pay to see this i went to a bar and watched it so it was no biggie for me, still annoyed by that fight though

9. The_Bardock

I would have to disagree with the whole fight being rigged train of thought. If they had already planned out who was going to win. I'm sure they would have planned out a more exciting fight with an actual finish. That way if they did want to do a third match, people would actually be expecting to see something good.

10. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Right. It's not in the best interest of the fighters, or the UFC to have a fixed fight, only to have it be incredibly boring. What happened in the Sanchez/Koscheck fight was Koscheck's determination to end Diego's undefeated streak, and Diego fearing Koscheck's wrestling. Styles make fights, and Diego lost his gameplan when Josh Koscheck proved to be better in his standup.

It was my understanding that Andre Arlovski broke his leg when Sylvia checked a kick. You loose a lot of power in your punches, take downs won't be effective, and you can't kick. Sylvia has turned into a counter-striker, and that strategy makes for a good fight when both fighters are engaging.

11. defstar

defstar Autobot...

I seen that Silvia/Arlovsky fight...definitely got ripped on that one...

I personally can't stand Kendall...one of UFC's pretty boys...kind of like Bonnar who has been pulled along as well...(ie Bonnor vs Jardine (whom is actually a very good fighter) gets the nod when Jardine clearly owns the fight))...put him against someone who is actually good for once...

12. funkatron101

Ebay:
    Kendall Grove? Pretty boy? Are you serious? The guy is a 6'6" beanpole. The UFC has matched him up with guys who have a similar record to him..That's all, hardly protecting him.

This stuff just makes me laugh. Half of the internet fans say "Put these guys against fighters who are good!" and the other half says "These guys don't deserve to fight the top guys." All the bitching and moaning each time Diego Sanchez fought. Gassaway wasn't good enough to fight Diego. Then, he didn't deserve to fight Diaz, and yet he won. He didn't deserve to fight Karo, and yet he won. People said Riggs was going to expose him, and yet Diego won.

They will all get their do. It's all about finding their spot. Some will climb the ranks, some will not. It's the nature of the sport.

13. The_Bardock

It is funny though when they put the TUF guys against people who have losing records. Like say Elvis Sinosic(spelling?)

14. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Man, I so did not want Diego to lose to Koschek, mainly because Koschek is a flaming dick. We were all pissed off after the match, the way he was strutting around and when he shoved Joe Rogan, I had to walk away for a minute. I hope someone crushes his face in 2 seconds flat.

And HELL YEAH to Serra! That was un-frickin-believable.

15. The_Bardock

He shoved joe rogan as another insult to Diego. At the weigh ins Diego got mad that Koscheck wasn't taking off his glasses and almost shoved Kos off the stage.

16. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figured if there was any way Sera was going to win the fight, he'd have to really take it to St. Pierre early, and he did. It was a shocker, but Sera really capitalized on the few mistakes St. Pierre did.

And the Kos fight deserves a rematch. But if the first round is as boring as the last fight, weapons should become involved. :)  There was more action during the announcement of that fight then the fight itself.