U.K on-line problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by wasp819, Jul 5, 2010.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Just got the game, tried to play on-line and it always comes up with a message about the servers being down or something,
    has any one els in the u.k had this problem (at first i thought it might be because of my wireless connection, orange it seems dont provide as good a service as O2, even trying to download updates or demos takes 5 times longerthan it did on my O2 wireless broadband)

2. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Aren't the servers down for maintainence at certain times of the day? Any chance its that?

3. Ratchet2007

Ratchet2007 Neither Here Nor There

News Credits:
    I'm on fine so it can't be

4. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's see... Just press X when the message appears (or A for Xbox to accept I think. Not sure)

5. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    ive tried to go on-line a couple of times, and the same message appears (tried it last night at 11pm and again at 15:30 and 16:45)
    could it be because of the slow speed on the wi-fi (i tried warfare 2 and that seemed to work ok, but i also tried SSf4 and even tho it work it had my connectivity at no bars)
    Im stumped

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Could it be that your provider throttles game traffic at certain times of the day?

When choosing my new provider I went for one that promised to never shape traffic or throttle any kind of connection.

Since changing, my torrents are 3x the speed they used to be and online gaming has gone from an unusable lag-fest to really good. My wireless setup doesn't seem to be causing trouble either (I've heard PS3s can be a bit goofy with some wireless signals).

7. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm using Eclipse Internet and had exactly 30 seconds of laggy play. Can you connect directly to an ADSL modem to compare with the wireless?

8. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Ive been in touch with orange and the wireless speed has been increased to 8.1 m download, but still the game wont work,
    he recommendid speaking to the ps3 support team and ask them for a port code, so it will work?
    i have no probs with other games, so maybe the port code could be the answer, or maybe its the game disk?

9. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Try connecting to the router with a cable. Also, if you haven't already, check some online guides to getting the best out of your PS3 connection, they were helpful to me in ironing out the kinks and getting everything running smoothly.

Probably not the game disc if single player works fine.

10. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is your wireless internet connection through one of those 'dongles' without your own ADLS router? Those things are notoriously laggy for online play.

Wireless through a router on a landline should be fine - try changing wireless channel on both the wireless adapter and the router, you might be getting interference from a neighbour using the same channel as yours.

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Are you running the latest firmware? :/

12. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Im not that great at understanding the jargon used with these things, i have had alook on-line but no real answer has come up,
    i might try connecting with a cable to see what happends

No dongle, its a netgear router, my previous router from O2 worked fine and this one does too except on war for cybertron,
    i had the channel changer from 1 to 11 and that sorted out my download spped problem (when it was on channel 1 i was getting 1.2mb download, now on 11 im getting 8-9mb)

when i installed the netgear router it checked for the latest firmware, this was about 2 weeks ago

i really dont understand why the other gamers work and not this,
    every time i try to go on-line with the game it just keeps saying that the TFWFC server is down, please try again later (beleive me ive try again later so many times,
    defo something blocking my access