U.F.O. (Unknown Factory Originals) - Ironhide Exhaust Pipes

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Squall42080, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    To me, the Leader Ironhide mold was one of disappointment and waste. I know that is just my opinion, but I felt the Leader Class slot was wasted on Ironhide, and then poorly done to boot.

I kept the mold though, and eventually an upgrade kit was made to give him his proper cannons, and another upgrade was made to give him some beautiful chrome exhaust pipes worthy of Ironhide!

I didn't take a before pic, but they are not only chrome, they are also accurate in height as well.

Installation is simple...remove the three screws holding the forearms together, remove the obligatory weapon from each arm, move a gear out of the way, and replace the old exhaust pipe pieces with the new pieces. Replace everything. I found it easiest to set everything back in place with the weapons in their "hidden" configuration.

The major improvement is the vehicle mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not much is really done to improve bot mode, as they are barely seen, but at least they don't interfere with the weapon set:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Overall, a nicely done, and very simple upgrade. I personally think the mold needs a lot of help, and I'm glad it has been given some upgrades...as they are the only thing making me keep the mold!

Highly recommended!