Tyrese Gibson Talks About The Recent Events

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 25, 2010.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    The "Transformers"-loving world was shocked last week when it was revealed that star Megan Fox would not be returning for the upcoming third movie in the franchise, which starts shooting this week.

"Transformers" co-star Tyrese Gibson said he was disappointed when he heard the news of Fox's departure.

"I was sad about it, man. Genuinely," he told MTV News on the red carpet for the E! 20th anniversary celebration Monday night. "We built something here. We all did. We all put our own sauce and stamp and energy on this franchise."

As much as he was bummed to hear the news, Gibson isn't prying into the backstory before he heads to the "Transformers 3" set this Thursday. "I don't know exactly what went down," he said. "But it's crazy to see the band get broken up, you know what I mean?"

No matter which story you believe — that Paramount decided not to exercise Fox's option, or that Fox decided she wanted out — it certainly is surprising that such a key figure in the franchise would be removed so suddenly, especially with production so close to kicking off. The problematic Fox/Bay relationship aside, there have been few indications of problems in the "Transformers" camp. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura even told MTV News in a recent interview that a "Transformers" without Fox was unthinkable.

"Michael and Megan get along great. Like in any creative endeavor, there's not always total agreement," he said at the time. "But I think [reports of their issues with one another is] much ado about nothing. I even read that we were thinking about not casting her. Come on! It's so silly. As though we would want to mess with such a successful combination."

2. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Why does he care so much? They never really had any dialog in either movie together. Guess it was back stage chemistry.

3. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

I wonder if Michael Bay is pulling our leg on this one, but i'll be happy if its true. She maybe great eye candy but acting abilty is laughable.

4. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    There is nothing to act in movies like Transformers. I wonder what you're always talking about, everybody.

What she was acting was believable and that's enough.

5. DarthP00P00

DarthP00P00 Autobot

Im still up in the air about this. Im leaning more towards it being true... butt at the same time my gut tells me that this could be Bay taking his misinformation campaign to its limits. Well I guess we'll find out when it comes out wont we. personally I would rather have her stay for continuity's sake. the idea of introducing another love interest this late in the game is just stupid. Let Sam realize that girls ruin your life and that Bummblebee is your true love :b

6. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I thought she was good enough far what it was. Most of the acting was over the top with all the "O No No No No No's" I could care less either way if she's in it or not. I really could pass on Simons and Leo. they are too over the top with the buffoonery.

7. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
  8. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    you don't like Simmons?o_O 

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Shocked seems an odd choice of words.

10. shin03

shin03 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I know, I'm nuts right? lol. I lov Toturo, but those characters along with the twins make the movie more a spoof on transformers than an actual action film. Some of their parts are funny, but the feeling passes quickly.

11. UltraMagnus3786

UltraMagnus3786 That's what it is

The way I personally feel is this: Megan Fox filled the hot girl role. She didn't really add much or detract from the movie. If they're going to replace her, it should be someone with some acting chops, and they should actually use those chops (Scarlet Jo in Iron Man 2 was not used to full potential but rather setting her up for down the line). If they're thinking of replacing her with Hot Babe #6, they should just keep Fox on board for continuity's sake.

12. MNsor

MNsor Well-Known Member

Well said! I dare anyone to do a decent performance with such a stupid, childish, senseless script... I'm a TF fan, but if I were an actor I'd never want my name to be associated to such a ridiculous (though expensive and milion dollars grossing) production.
    Remember? Michael Bay is the one who wasn't even capable of keeping 2 frames in consequent logic order (see how Scrapper and the red Rampage are suddenly replaced by a Volvo crane and a yellow Rampage in the 10 sec scene, when you see the constructicons on the container carrier) and that blasted the audience's ears with supersonic, inaudible wisecracks and jokes which finally, once you'd get them, turned out to be the lamest lines you've ever heard (same with Woody Allen: you have to play that DVD over and over again to get every single word he says...yes, the only difference is that each time you play one of Allen films you discover new, previously unheard pearls of pure genius...with MB, not quite as much..).
    And let's be honest: wasn'it us who were always in awe each time Megan Fox deigned to appear on screen (any screen)? Where does all this contempt for her come from? Has Bay finally succeded in shifting the responsabilty for the ridiculous artistic value of his ROTF to somebody else?

13. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    Maybe Tyrese was putting his own "Sauce, stamp, energy" on Megan and Bay got jealous.

14. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lmao

15. Darkspeed

Darkspeed Avatar Freak

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh, heaven forbid that actually get a good looking female lead who is proven to be able to act... The only way this could affect the movie is if she is worse than Megan Fox!

Back on topic, I can see where he's coming from, because even though the two characters never really interacted on screen, they worked together on these two films. They were probably good friends off-screen, so that's what he's lamenting over.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Might not have dialog between the two characters on screen, but with all the travel and all the days of shooting you'd have to figure the actors got to know one another really well. You see so many interviews where actors seem like friends after a film or how they sound like friends on a DVD commentary that you have to figure that shooting a films makes for a lot of bonding between the people who do the film.

17. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    :lolol 

maybe ...

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm worried about that because of this: New Transformers Babe Revealed - Movies News at IGN

I would have much prefered the Clash of Titans girl. She was cute as hell too, but didn't give off a DUMB vibe.

19. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

they already found a replacment? if that's true great and tf3 will be fine i'm not worried.

20. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Her acting for a TF movie was fine. If you people want an example of bad acting go watch that GI Joe movie that was in theaters last year.