Typical Repaints

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by King Starscream, Sep 30, 2006.

1. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    So with Classics Bumblebee we get Classics Cliffjumper. It seems like that with each mold we get we have your defacto repaint.

For example, Optimus painted white is Ultra Magnus or painted Black is an 'evil' Prime.
    Megatron is repainted into Galvatron
    Any Starscream design automatically begets Thundercracker and Skywarp.

Any others anybody can think of?

2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Hot Shot into some Hot Rod homage. Usually anyway.

It's unfortunate they did Classics Cliffjumper as a straight up Bumblebee repaint, I wanted a new head at least, same for Titanium Cliffjumper. That kind of thing irritates me, they weren't repaints of each other in G1, why be lazy with them now? That's when it bugs me, hell, I've been waiting for a set of Seekers without any remolding, I want Classics Thundercracker now as a straight up repaint.

It looks like they're going to break some of the trends at least. They said if the did a Classics Galvatron it would be a new mold, not a Megatron repaint. And we have Titanium Ultra Magnus who's a true Magnus, car carrier right to armored robot... even though we did see a white WWI Prime repaint, too...

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bluesteak, Prowl, & Smokescreen come to mind - although that triumvirate hasn't seen much reuse in recent years. Almost in Alt/Binaltech, sans Prowl.

4. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

-Arcee as Paradon Medic (PVC, Superlink figure, statue)
    -Appears they're simply repainting the Titanium Sideswipe for a Sunstreaker figure. Don't know if this is a sign of things to come...

5. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

god I hope not. Though they may be brothers, they were completely different molds in G1. Though they have been done that way before, OTFCC exclusives a few years back, both were RiD Prowl redecos minus the light bar.

I would think that Ironhide-Ratchet would be obvious, but is there even an Ironhide coming?

6. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Yeah--Last time the Ironhide/Ratchet thing was used was the Botcon figures, and before that the PVCs. Were there anything else where they used that repaint idea?

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, obviously Ramjet into the other coneheads.... and Starscream into TC and possibly Sunstorm (though he's not really G1).

Tank Megatron into Bludgeon, Brawl, or (outside chance) Warpath, maybe?

Frankly I wouln't mind seeing gun Megatron repainted/remolded to Shockwave... it would be better than no Shockwave at all.

If Classics continues, Sideswipe and Sunstreaker will almost certainly be repaints of the same mold. That's fine with me, I just hope they at least give them different heads.

8. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

ooo hadn't thought of Bludgeon. I SOOOO hope we get this one.