Customs: types/brands of acrylic paints you use

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by NotFastEnuff, Oct 6, 2007.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Hi everyone. I looked about 10 pages back in the sticky, but found little on paint. I know some of you use the Testors acrylic, I was wondering if anyone has tried the artist type acrylics? They have such a fantastic color selection. I didn't know if there was a reason not to use them. Thanks in advance.

PS: hehe 666th post. :eek: 

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm not sure what you mean by "artist type" acrylics. I definitely tried some stuff from wal-mart's craft section when I first started, and found them to not bond to plastic at all. the two paints I use are preferably tamiya acrylics (they have a slight amount of acetone which helps it stick) and then if I can't find the proper tamiya color, I use testors model master acrylic.

3. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    Liquitex Basics.

4. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    That's the exact paint I was looking at. What do you do to prep them? Just a good washing to get rid of any release agent? Your Sigmas are so sick!

5. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    I tend to use Vallejo Acrylic paints for my repaints.
    They perform quite well given enough time to full dry and if you ensure that the target surface is clean prior to application.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I use the Testors acyrlics found in most Wal*mart stores. Also, I'll often use a bottle of Testors and some paint found in the craft section of Wal*mart to mix my own colors.