Type O Negative Fans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Solrac333, Apr 15, 2010.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

wow. that sucks. I guess the dream really is dead now....:( 

2. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Maybe I'm in the minority of Type O fans, but "October Rust" is my favourite album of theirs. I love the "Bad Ground" joke at the beginning, and it was always nice to hear how much he genuinely appreciated the fans. It was the little moments of that that I always liked.

But 48 years old? In the physical shape he was in? Heart failure?

There's got to be another proximate cause...likely all those years of heavy drug and booze use finally caught up with him.

But sleep well, fellow Brooklynite.

- Coeloptera

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've heard of the band, but I don't know much about them.

4. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Saw TON live back in 1996 when they toured Sweden with Manhole (who changed their name to Tura Satana a while after) and Moonspell. One of the best shows I've been to.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    My only complain about October Rust is how soft the guitars sound compared to Bloody Kisses. Some great songs there but would have loved more if the guitars were louder. After that, I kind of lost interest but my wife was a HUGE Type O fan so I followed through her....and went to LOTS of show with her. All awesome shows.

Again, if anyone does not not have the DVD's, get them. They are great. Then watch the commentary. Funniest shit. The only thing better than that are the Pantera DVD's.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I think I 'll make this my to-do list today. I've got all their albums, but never picked up any vids.

Again, :rip  Pete, you are missed.

7. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    Such sadness, words cannot describe....

8. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You're not alone. I immediately left for the CD store to pick up October Rust after seeing the video for My Girlfriend's Girlfriend, it was my first Type O song I ever heard. Since then I absolutely LOVE Haunted, as well as Wolf Moon, Red Water and Bacchus. The whole album is so atmospheric. It's also the CD I was listening to when I lost my virginity. Just bought an October Rust poster off eBay this morning, as well as the Symphony for the Devil DVD which was the only CD/DVD of theirs I didn't own until now.

I've seen them 4 times total. I saw them last this previous Halloween on what would ultimately be their final tour. Kenny's band Shadows Fall opened. I had to drive my shitty car an hour to get there. Then it broke down, and I had to walk another half hour through intimidating ghetto to finish my trip there.

Their music was such an inspiration to me. I'm nearing 30 now and have been listening since my early teens. I never met Peter personally but feel an emptiness like having lost a family member.