Tying Up Loose Ends In TF: Animated.CAUTION SPOILERS!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Mar 24, 2009.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    It seems like the writers of this great show are tying up loose ends (and preparing for the end of the show.) SPOILERS BELOW!!!

Loose ends are getting tied up by either killing or incapacitating alot of the fans' most favorite characters. Let's see:

1.)Blurr is nearly fatally crushed and probably won't recover in time for us to ever see him again.

2.)The Constructicons probably died in that massive explosion in the end of "Three's A Crowd".

3.)We've seen images of Ultra Magnus all torn up and possibly on his death bed.

4.)We've heard plot points for future episodes with Prowl dying to save Optimus Prime.

What is with all of the killing in Season 3? I hate that this show is ending so soon and I hate that I can see it coming with all of the deaths on the show recently. What do you think?

I was going to call this thread "Deaths In TF:Animated Season 3" but, that was too spoilerific for someone that might not know anything about it yet.

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I am wondering if it wasn't like back when the Original Movie came out and they killed off some characters to make way for new ones, except now there might not be too much of a reason to anymore.

The constructicons though....I don't think we've seen the last of them. As well as I got a feeling there might be a continuation series eventually that puts Optimus in charge of the bots due to his courage and adaptability and diplomacy when stuck on earth.

3. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

I believe it's rather premature of the producers to go this route. There's always consequences for raising the bar on a TV Show.

For now though I'm going to see where this goes.

4. Jetcols

Jetcols Elite Guard

News Credits:
    The Constructicons aren't gone. Sure, Blitzwing and Lugnut were shot by Omega Supreme at point blank range and survived!

5. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the only death anyone was sure about was Blurr`s and now that is up in the air. At the moment nobody in the TFA universe is 100% dead

6. night-skyward

night-skyward Collects animated, mainly

This.

And i don't think it counts as tying up lose ends, thats like saying there going to kill prowl so they don't have to do his back story, or kill sari so they don't have to explain anymore of her.

7. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Most of these things aren't loose ends being tied up. The same kind of stuff happened in Season 1 and 2, they do away with certain characters but leave their fate a mystery, so they might or might not reuse them later (for example: Soundwave and Wreck-Gar). Because the Constructicons got blown up might indicate they are dead, but if there was a Season 4 I bet the writers would have taken them and reintroduced them (perhaps now combiners).

It's not tying up loose ends, it's actually more leaving roads open, but make them vague enough so people can't 'demand' that plotline is continued upon.

Tying up loose ends in Animated would be:
    What the hell is going on with the Allspark shards?

Season 1 was all about protecting the Allspark..then Season 2 SEEMED to revolve around racing to get all the shards back, then halfway that just disappeared, and now the Allspark shards are just weak plot devices to introduce a new character or obstacle.

I was under the impression the Autobots would go hunt after all shards, but it just seems to me the writers have forgotten about this, or the Autobots just don't give a damn anymore. (Also, it looked like they used all remaining shards they had to revive Omega Supreme, yet Dirt Boss is awakened by a new shard).

This is just small bitching, I freaking love Animated!!

8. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    i dont think that blurr died. afterall, the concept of his cubified body did say that the design was for episode 42.

9. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Protector

News Credits:
    IMO, one of the main plots behind collecting the allspark was so that it will give the decepticons power to eventually take cybertron. Its just a different route that leads to the same path.

This TF: Animated is one of the more curious TF storylines since beast wars. They can just go on so many story lines.

10. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Neither side really has any way to actively seek out the pieces of the all-spark, even if they wanted to.

And the new shard was the one Megatron was using to power the space bridge. (also the piece that infected the teaching robot in the second episodes of season 2)

11. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    I always thought it would be cool, to get all the allspark shards together then use the G1 matrix casing to forge them back into a sphere. Just be a nice touch.