Two Worlds out today

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Lobo, Aug 24, 2007.

1. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Just picked up the Collector's Edition at Gamestop but have to wait til after work to play. I've been looking forward to this game for a while now and especially after seeing the trailer on XBL.

Looking throught the instruction manual, it looks pretty good. Kind of a cross between Oblivion, Fable, Diablo 2. The map of the world is huge! The only downside I see is that you can only pick 3 classes. Warrior, Mage, Theif.

Anyone else here going to give this game a try?

2. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I was thinking about it, but not many people seemed interested in playing it.
    I understand the single player and the multiplayer are two different game types. Is that correct?

I am still interested in the game, but there is suddenly a flood of good games so I don't know. Maybe you can sell me on it after you play. :) 

3. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I was until they told us that co op was its own set of missions and not the jump in/out Crackdown style of co op.

4. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

I got it. Returned it for BioShock. Two Worlds = Worst 360 game of all time.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Really?
    What's so bad about it?

6. Galvatron397

Galvatron397 Official TFW Omni-Geek

You'll probably think I'm exaggerating but... everything. Check out the Xbox.com forums and look at all the angry/sad posts. :redface2: 

7. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i have yet to play it at all, but my friends say its awesome

p.s. my friends think everything is great for about 2 seconds, and then they never play it again, so im going with Galvatron397

8. Mr. Wholesome

Mr. Wholesome WWOD What Would Ops Do?

Ebay:
    Galvatron397 is absolutely correct, this is THE WORST Xbox360 game ever made. So DO NOT I repeat DO NOT buy this game. This was the worst $60 I have ever spent in my life. It's like playing a next gen game on a computer that is 8 years old, its horrible. It's just a big cluster fuck of framerate issues, horrible lag and too many glitches for me to count. And don't even get me started on the stupid ass menus, loading screens and God awful music.

*edit*
    Also I don't see how this game was even released. If you play online it is at best a beta or even a pre-beta game. I have read that the offline isn't nearly as bad, but when you get a game that says it's an "ONLINE RPG" you have some expectations. And this game clearly did not deliver.

9. *Deathblade

*Deathblade Well-Known Member

WOW!!

I was mildy curious about this game , so after reading your post I took a quick look over at the gamespot page for it...yeah seems pretty bad (even though I dont know why I go there, because anytime any game gets less than a 9.5 over there a group of zealous idiots loyal to that particular game comes up with all manner of excuses as to why the reviewer was wrong...oh yeah and insult him in the process)

:redface2:  some people just cant face the fact that certain games suck, or that not everyone loves that game as much as they do.

10. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I still can't find an official review of the game, but most of the reader reviews are pretty negative.

Even the ones that are positive say to avoid the multiplayer.
    Well, if I am going to get an RPG that I can't play online I will get Blue Dragon.
    I would like to support the independent studios, but the online multiplayer was the one thing that was going to make me buy this game.

I wish Lobo would jump back in the thread and give us his thoughts.

11. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

Only got to play it for a couple hours this weekend but I would have to describe those hours as "Painful". It sucks because I had really high hopes for this game.

Visually, the gameplay looks great! Everything you'd expect for the 360.

But the menu's look horrible. I was playing it on my 29" TV and I could barely read any of it. I'm going to try it on my big TV later to see if that aspect gets better. There's also some overlayed text that covers up some numbers in the menu and I haven't found a way of getting rid of it. It specifically covers up the max weight you can carry stat. Makes it kind of annoying. There's also a bit of a learning curve on the menus. The same button that drops an item is one that you use to add enhancements to your weapon.

Similar to Oblivion you can use the D-pad to hotkey spells and items. But I noticed that sometimes when I switch from one thing to another it's like it doesn't register with the game. Shoot a boar with the bow, it charges you, try switching to a sword, still have the bow, you die. I also never did figure out how to add items to the hotkey.

The quest objectives are a little confusing as well. There's nothing that really says that you finished the quest.

Never did try multiplayer so I can't comment on that.

I don't think I'm going to trade it in just yet. I think it might get better once I get over the learning curve.