Two versions of Galaxy Force Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The Crazy Collector, May 12, 2008.

1. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Are there two versions of the Toys R Us Japan exclusive Galaxy Force Prime with Wing Saber and Coby's ramble? I know there's a version with red chrome on Wing Saber's chest, but isn't there also a version with gold chrome on Wing Saber's chest? I'm sure I've seen pics of one somewhere, but can't remember where. If there is, is that the only difference? Also, is there any way to tell which is which just from looking at a sealed box? Here's a pic of a sealed box for reference, if anyone's wondering what I'm talking about.

[​IMG]

2. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Might be yet another exclusive. The only one I'm aware of is the the regular exclusive with the red chrome chest, but I's rather pick out the original since red just dosen't fill in with Sonic Bomber.

3. unicronhq

unicronhq Banned

News Credits:
    mine has the red chrome on his chest....

but didn't the regular version of galaxy force wing saber have the gold chrome on his chest....not the TRU exclusive one pictured above but the normal mass release guy???

I do not know as i do not own that version...i just have the cybertron release one along with the above pictured japan TRU one....

4. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    No the giftset came with the red chrome only, the yellow chrome Wing Saber is the stand alone.

5. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Takara TRU = red chrome
    Takara normal = yellow chome
    Hasbro normal = plain yellow
    Hasbro Costco = plain yellow

6. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Exactly. The red chrome was Takara's exclusive for TRU while the gold chrome was Takara's mass release. Hasbro didn't chrome either of their releases (and the Costco one was simply just the mass release packed with Prime).

7. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    All right. Thanks everyone for clearing that up. I must have seen a pic of someone's TRU exclusive Convoy, with the regular release "gold chrome" Wing Saber attached to it. Gotta say though, I think the gold chrome looks better than the red chrome. Just my opinion though.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Actually, I bought the TRU set specifically for the Red Sonic Bomber. I like it linked up with my Cybertron Galaxy Force Optimus Prime (deep red and black Cybertron repaint) and sold the other two pieces from the set and my regular release Sonic Bomber.