Two things that would make Beast Wars better

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by chazparks, Jul 3, 2009.

1. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Now THAT is cool! :cool: 

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

YEAH it is! I, too, have always wanted to see a "after the Beast Wars took place" version of G1. Like, Prime saying something to the other Autobots like "I had the most bizarre dream, my body was damaged and my spark had to be moved while smaller robots that turned into animals fixed me" or someone finding Ravage's head in the water.

3. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    1 still be on

2 more cast like lio convoy, and magmatron

4. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    Mainframe's skill and technology was improving by leaps and bounds throughout the whole show. In the third season they were able to do water and shadows well and use them regularly, use textures better, etc, unlike in the first season. The lack of shadows in most of the first season are kind of a personal pet peeve, but I understand why they're missing.

--Moony

5. ChopperByrne

ChopperByrne Well-Known Member

I'll watch all of the Unicron Trilogy first. Maybe then I'll just be used to bad CGI.

6. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

What if it was Ravage that found his own head in the water?

7. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd be in favor of having the animation redone, especially in season 1. That animation could be done in realtime nowadays.

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know, I agree and disagree. While I would love to see how BW would look if redone with today's CGI technology, it really does kind of hold a special place for me as a sign of the times. Not to mention that it still looks better than a lot of the new CGI being put on TV today.

But along those lines, I wonder if it's just because it's CGI that people would like to see it redone. Would anyone like to see G1 redone in the same manner? Keep it all cel animated, but add more frames of animation, fix all the screw ups (no more Sideswipe hanging out next to Megatron inside the con base, etc.), maybe go real crazy with it in a "Star Wars Special Edition" kind of way (now all the TFs have their pre-earth robot and alt modes on Cybertron!), etc. etc. etc. Would anyone be down with that? Or, like BW is for me, does G1 have a timeless quality about it? Do you fix everything or leave it as is. Remember that a lot of the fun with G1 came from fan speculation on how to rationalize all those errors (Sideswipe inside the con base was just a dummy clone or something, etc.).
    Rhino tried making some improvements to G1, and look what that got us. Rainbows!

9. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

I would take a G1 reduex over something like the Unicron Trilogy but I agree part of the artwork is a sign of the time of when it came out.

10. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    1.More episodes
    2.Not kill Transmetal Dinobot

11. ArmoredSaint

ArmoredSaint Active Member

I think it would have been better if the characters transformed into cars, jets, and tanks and such instead of into animals...

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

The best part of this is that when I first read it I thought you said "wonder who has been in their chips". :D 

"Hey... I swear I had a fresh bag! These are stale!!! Who forgot to close up the chips for 4 million years!!"

flash back 4 million years...
    Rattrap: "Hey, these are pretty good chips!" *nom nom nom*

zmog