Two things I would change in Dark Of The Moon

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Theoutcast87, May 13, 2018.

1. Theoutcast87

Theoutcast87 Well-Known Member

Dark of The Moon is my favourite Transformers film of all time, but there are three tings I would change if I could turn back time.
    First, Megatron. I don't like how weak he was portrayed. His alt mode was fine, but I would have his face patched up of metal parts from his truck mode. So that he looks completely ''healthy''.

Second, Soundwave. I would change his face like the ones he had in Revenge of The Fallen. Would like to limit his emotions also. I thought he showed too much by laughing.

Third, Shockwave. I like how intimidating he looks, but I would fleshed out his role a bit. Having him meet up with the cons in Africa for example. I remember seeing concept arts of him riding or controlling the driller. I would like to see the driller is his vehicle, and a hint that he may be behind the thing.

Sorry, I forgot to write three in the thread title.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Shockwave laughed? Shockwave showed emotions? And not in the usual stilted Shockwave? Eh?

• Like Like x 1
  3. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Shockwave never laughed that was soundwave
    :lol 

4. electronic456

electronic456 Dog of Raw

News Credits:
    I feel like the whole transporting Cybertron to Earth thing could have been done better.

-Prior to TLK (yes I'm sorry I have to say this), where they revealed Unicron is beneath the Earth. It always bugged me with how they planned to rebuild Cybertron. How can you bring back Cybertron, if there's no Allspark? Don't you need a life force?

-I pretty much agree with better handling the Decepticons.

All in all, DOTM is arguably the best out of the sequels.

5. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Agree on Soundwaves facial design. For shockwave, I wanted to see his tank alt mode. His death scene could have been done better too. Or not killing him off at all.

• Like Like x 3
  6. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    1 - His weakness was part of his story arc. He was going to make people do what he wanted through deceit but it backfired on him with Sentinel betraying him first before he could do so, so he decided to finally get his ball bearings back and attack Sentinel.

2 - Soundwave laughed when he was going to kill the Autobot prisoners. A bit too generic evil for him, I agree.

3 - Alas, Shockwave had a great design, but was only ever a decoy for Sentinel. He's the kind of Decepticon who deserved to be the villain of his own film, maybe be a general serving under Megatron for a spin-off.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd have cut out the Sam needs a job crap and all the interview nonsense.

No Brains either.

Cut down the soldiers running through buildings.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ricksbricks

ricksbricks Active Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'd let Shockwave transform at least once because his alt mode was a really cool toy.
    I also would have cut the scene where Optimus tries to give the Matrix to Sentinel because it presents the plot hole of why doesn't Sentinel just keep the Matrix for villainy things?
    Lastly, I would have Sam's parents. Sorry, I know it's cliche to hate Sam's parents, but I hate Sam's parents.
    So ya, my optimum DOTM is 150 minutes instead of 157 minutes. Man, I love DOTM. It's PROBABLY my favorite Transformers movie.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Insurgent

Insurgent Well-Known Member

Sentinel refusing the matrix isn't a plot hole. It's character. He knew he was not the one to lead them in this strange world, and the matrix belonged with optimus. It was later when he realised what kind of species humanity is that he returned to the original plan and turned. He sold his soul to restore his home. His species.

Sentinel is my fav character in all the bayverse. I'd love for more scenes like him and op talking.

As for soundwave laughing.... Eh. It's not g1. I'm fine with this soundwave having a little fun every once in a while.

Agree shockwave deserved to be villain of his own film. He looked awesome.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, the only substantial change I would make to DOTM is to have Sentinel die of his wounds from Megatron, rather than Optimus executing him. You could literally have the exact same dialogue too. That just felt a little too brutal to me.

11. GuardianPrime19

GuardianPrime19 Prime

News Credits:
    The reason Sentinel didn’t accept the Matrix is simply because he knew what he was doing was wrong. As he says to Megatron “I agreed to work with you, so that our planet may survive, I will never work for you” and later to Optimus “All I ever wanted was the survival of our race, you must see why I had to betray you”. It’s very much implied that Sentinel knows he’s wrong, but unfortunately, he thinks the Decepticons are the only ones who can achieve victory in the war and actually begin to heal Cybertron.

I agree that it’s not a plot hole, but your reasoning is off. He had already experienced humans before that scene so that can’t be the reason he went with the ‘Cons’. Besides Sentinel definitely was going to betray Optimus. Look at my above comment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Insurgent

Insurgent Well-Known Member

I may have headcannoned sentinel to be a lot more than was seen on screen, so i may put more on him than there is. But yes, he was always going to betray optimus.

13. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    1. ironhide not dying
    2. shockwave and megatron,starscream getting more screen time
    3. better death for starscream
    probably have more but can't think of any right now

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ratchet and Sideswipe killing Screamer.

• Like Like x 3
  15. KingMegatron632

KingMegatron632 Well-Known Member

The changes I would’ve made would probably be similar to the adaptations, were Megatron and Optimus form a truce, Cybertron isn’t destroyed, and a lot of the stupid comedy pits like the bathroom stall rape scene would be totally removed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. 12485horto

12485horto Well-Known Member

1: Ironhide not Dying

2: Shockwave should've been the Antagonist rather than Sentinel Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I'd remove Sentinel all together. He was the worst thing about DOTM.

First off Megatron was actually doing a good job being Megatron for once, but then Sentinel showed up, and reminded us all why he's the worst Megatron in the multiverse by making him Sentinel's stooge.

And secondly the removal of Sentinel would have given more breathing room for Shockwave to bathe in the spotlight.

Had Sentinel been given any type of redemption towards the end I would have felt differently about his role. But considering how quickly just became leader of the Decepticons killed any good character development he could have gotten.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    1) Cutting Out The Bathroom Scene

2) Removing All The Interview nonsense scenes

3) Shockwave as the main villain

4) Optimus Prime getting killed at the end by Sentinal Prime

5) Reboot the franchise :D 

• Like Like x 1