Two questions

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by deltaprime, Oct 2, 2008.

1. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    1st question- do you think TFA will have a sequel? There's been G2 to G1, Energon & Cybertron to Armada, and Beast Machines to Beast Wars. Hopefully if there is a sequel, it won't be so ******ed.

2nd question- Who is the worse, Wheelie or Professor Princess.
    Wheelie speaks in rhyme-enough to cause the sanest to go mad.
    However, Prof. Princess rides a My Little Pony for crying out loud!

2. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    That is a good question hmmmm I can see it but what would you call it? Animated-Neo lol....Also Wheelie is not that bad if you fast forward his parts in the show :) 

3. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Lol I can answer the second question sorta.....people who dont get Prof. Princess dont get Animated.

My guess is many would be the same sorts of folk who never got Buffy and Angel cause they expected them to be something more like Supernatural or X-Files XP

4. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    Even supernatural and X-files know how to mock themselves.
    But yeah, Prof Princess is stuff that makes animated great. xD

Wheelie needs to be spotlighted in an episode though! That'd rock! Especially if it was with soundwave. Rhythm and Music/music and lyrics. >.>

And I know. =D
    The animated sequel should be....

Transformers Unlimited. A series that spans the entire cosmos of animated and has various focuses all over the universe. Cameo's EXTREME. Plus it'd make it easier for Hasbro to pump out new molds whenever they felt they needed as opposed to repaints. Then some repaints could also be used in show with decent reasons to why, like Shockwave becoming purple from an autobot splashing him with it calling him a traitor. So he takes the color as pure pride in his decepticon nature. =D

That or Transformers Z. Sari is now 13-18.
    Hey, if power puff girls can do it...
    Then if they really want to milk the joke, do a Transformers Animated GT where Sari is an adult, and has a kid that's about her original season age. xD
    Then a finale of Transformers AF (After Fallen) where Sari's kid is grown up. Sari's aging havin stopped not long after her GT appearance due to the machine nature.

It'd milk the jokes decently enough while having the other tongue in cheek visual humor while using decently written BW like epic stories, with even better underlying subtle arcs building to a massive culmination of all that is epic.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I can answer the second question better than I can with the first... Professor Princess, I just can't stand her... I mean, what kind of a name is Professor Princess, for a little girl who thinks she could save people from "violent toys" and what gets me is how she could come up all those "cutesy" toys-turned-weapons, especially that flying stuffed unicorn. I could handle Wheelie, but Professor Princess... she's gotta go.

As for a sequel to Animated, who knows? As long as it's on par with the original, that's fine with me.

6. Lockdown

Lockdown Bootey Hunter

News Credits:
    Um she makes her gear cause she is a Professor duh and she is a little Princess really just look at her so I mean her name makes perfect sense....
    I'll say it again if you don't GET Professor Princess then the theme and mood of Animated is lost on you.

7. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    WOW. Dude, you really thought this through, didn't you?
    Those are certainly intersting ideas.

8. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    1. Not sure, but I could see it happening. Especially if Optimus eventually replaces Ultra Magnus at some point. As for how good it would be, hard to say, but I would be looking forward to it. If Animated is anything to go off of, a sequel to it should at least be decent, in theory.

2. By far Professor Princess is the worst of the two. Wheelie gets a lot of unwarranted hate, imo. Some fans think that anything that has to do with the name Wheelie will instantly suck. Personally, I'm actually looking forward to the new Legends class figure that he is getting, and I honestly hope that he gets a Deluxe class figure with the same basic look (or at least the same look to the alt-mode) at some point in the Universe/25th Ann. line. PP on the other hand is just plain annoying, imo. The name is better suited for a mad scientist that just happens to be a princess, imo. As-is, I couldn't care less about this character ever showing up again.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Nitpick here (bad habit of mine), G2 wasn't a sequel to G1, it was an edited re-airing.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Well, in comics continuity, G2 was a proper sequel...

11. Rail_Racer

Rail_Racer Seek and you'll be lost

Totally Professor Princess. She's a freakin weirdo and a human. At least Wheelie was an actual transformer/autobot

12. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

That's really thought through.

Anyways, I think Professor Princess is the most annoying. Here's some reasons why:

1: She rides a "My Little Pony".
    2: She has a theme song like Sailor Moon.
    3: She looks like a Powerpuff Girl.
    4: She blows up boy stuff because they're violent. Sad.

Edit: I think a sequel series would be something called Transformers GO-4, which will be about Sari, and three kids who are all 13 or 14, and are traveling the universe with the original Autobot cast, with new members, who all have messed up once or twice in their life, searching for the Allspark fragments across the universe.

Or maybe Transformers GX, where Sari is now 16, all the Autobots everywhere stopping on Earth as a hub-city, and the Decepticons are now imprisoned, until a corrupted Autobot by the name Nemesis Prime who attacks cities and other Transformers. The original Autobot crew and new members fight this devilish Autobot and his band of artificial Allspark-powered Transformers to protect the new home they have.

13. MetaKathro

MetaKathro is a sucker for cute bots

I don't see why everyone hates wheelie so much, I kinda like the rhyming stuff (shush ya'll, I know I'm odd). Prof. Princess is annoying enough that I cringe slightly whenever she speaks, plus the whole "I must destroy all naughty games and toys" bit is just lame.

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    As for a sequel to Animated, I would just like to see Animated continue on and not officially be rebooted.
    What's been going on so far has worked and I don't see a reason why it would need a reboot.
    You guys have some good ideas for a follow up, but
    are you sure Sari is even going to grow up?

Professor Princess rocks. She is used in a cool context and shows what is right about Animated.
    Wheelie was saddled with being a poor replacement for Bumblebee and sort of symbolizes what was wrong with Season 3 of G1.

15. johaneggink

johaneggink Netherlands

News Credits:
    I would like to see a cybertron located sequel/ spin-off of Animated.

16. Darkscreamer785

Darkscreamer785 Waiting For The End

Sadly, I think TFA will have a sequel. I hope it doesn't, though.

As for your other question- Professer Princess SO much more annoying. The whole idea of her is probably one of the worst things thats ever been in Transformers.

I ,honestly, don't Wheelie very annoying.

17. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 "Ambitiose Sed Ineptum"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    QUOTE-Deadend:

The animated sequel should be....

Transformers Unlimited. A series that spans the entire cosmos of animated and has various focuses all over the universe. Cameo's EXTREME. Plus it'd make it easier for Hasbro to pump out new molds whenever they felt they needed as opposed to repaints. Then some repaints could also be used in show with decent reasons to why, like Shockwave becoming purple from an autobot splashing him with it calling him a traitor. So he takes the color as pure pride in his decepticon nature. =D

That or Transformers Z. Sari is now 13-18.
    Hey, if power puff girls can do it...
    Then if they really want to milk the joke, do a Transformers Animated GT where Sari is an adult, and has a kid that's about her original season age. xD
    Then a finale of Transformers AF (After Fallen) where Sari's kid is grown up. Sari's aging havin stopped not long after her GT appearance due to the machine nature.

It'd milk the jokes decently enough while having the other tongue in cheek visual humor while using decently written BW like epic stories, with even better underlying subtle arcs building to a massive culmination of all that is epic.[/QUOTE]

As long as Sari doesn't end up with ridonculously tall black/blond hair, and a uncanny need to seek out 7 yellow balls, this wouldn't be too bad......

18. 245am

245am opener

News Credits:
    I think a better connection to speculate if TFA will have a sequel is not wether G1, Armada or BW had a sequel, but if contemporary cartoons do. Like Ben 10, Powerpuff, the JLA kiddies one, Dexter's Lab... do these have sequels or spinoffs? I'm serious, I honestly don't know. In terms of the production/business/marketing end, TFA seems to have more in common with those than with, say BW.

And Professor Princess is worse. They're both one-dimensional characters whose one dimension is annoying, but, IMHO, the writers are trying to make PP some ironic message, where wheelie just was what he was.