Two new additions are coming to the Virtual Console. Now...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, Dec 18, 2007.

1. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Jaguar would be nice, but there are oh so few games even worth the likely price of $8 worth paying for.

I'd like to see some of the Mega Drive CD games released on the Wii. There were a few decent Sega CD games, but like with the TG-16, most of the really good CD games never made it out of Japan.

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

The VC is the main reason I can't wait until my kids get their Wii - I want to play Gate of Thunder on my TV!!!

3. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I put money down that it's Wii-Ware and the Gameboy/Gameboy Color. Nintendo said we'd see download only games coming soon, and a lot of people have been clamoring for Gameboy titles to hit the VC.

As much as I'd love to see Dreamcast games on the VC, right now I don't think it's possible with the limited storage on the Wii. Same goes for Gamecube games (I know the Wii is backwards compatible, but Gamecube games are getting pretty scarce). Plus, Nintendo said they won't be doing Gamecube games on the VC for a long time.

The system needs an external hard drive so bad it's not even funny.

4. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    it's not Wii Ware. Wii Ware is already on the shop channel. it's where you get the newer channels.

5. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I agree that we should get a Gameboy [color] library. GBA would be too recent.

On a side note, the Gameboy castlevanias sucked. In CVA, Christopher is slower than Slowpoke. The Gameboy Advance Castlevanias were moderately good. HoD's pallete was torture and CotM's sprites were too small and Nathan fell too fast, though.

Aria was pretty good, though. Still had GBA sized sprites.

It's a good thing that Dawn of Sorrow diminished the fail lurking in the portable games.

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    While I think it's GREAT to be adding the possibility of more consoles to the Wii I'd have to echo the concerns over storage space...and I'd love to see them add a LOT more than 3 games a week!

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I totally disagree. The reason why is simple. I had a game boy player hooked up to the bottom of my gamecube and I used it all the time. I loved playing the advance AND older games on my TV. The Castlevania GBA games absolutely rocked, as did all the zelda games, even the original GB one. gameplay on that game was far from bad.

8. KidDynamite

KidDynamite Do good recklessly Veteran

Twitter:
    I would LOVE it to be Dreamcast, but the sizes would be an issue if there's no external storage coming out, and I'm not sure the Wii is powerful enough to run such a recent console in emulation.

I'm thinking Game Boy and either Master System, Game Gear, or MAYBE Saturn. If not now, Game Boy is probably a shoe in at some point though. Nintendo has had console solutions for playing GB games on a TV since the SNES days, it makes sense that they'd add support to Wii as well.

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I disagree with you on the power of the Wii. If it can play N64 and Gamecube games, I see no problem at all playing DC games. but yes, they are in DIRE need of making their firmware allow other storage concerns. I think the reason they're taking so long is that they're trying to figure out how to allow external storage will still tying all your downloads to your specific console to prevent piracy (you'd think that'd be easy enough to merely "fingerprint" the download when you download it).

10. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    The difference is that it runs Gamecube games natively, and the N64 was from the generation prior to the DC. People forget because it died out so quickly, but the DC was from the same generation as PS2 and Gamecube. It's technically powerful enough to run a DC game, sure, but it may not be for running it in emulation. To wit...my MacBook Pro can dash in circles running Windows Vista natively via Boot Camp, but if I run the same thing in emulation via Parallels or VMWare, it's not nearly as fast. Same computer, same software, runs great natively but not so great adding the layer of emulation. But I'm right there with you on them NEEDING a mass storage solution. My storage is close to full, and I've only had my Wii for a few months and haven't yet touched stuff like Neo Geo. I know Nintendo wants me to re-download things when I want to play them, but that's not what *I* want, and it's not what most gamers want, and Nintendo needs to stop ignoring us and proclaiming that we don't really want what we think we want and Nintendo knows best. I know that's been their corporate culture forever, but it still frustrates me.

Also, I completely forgot about this, but when Nintendo originally announced Neo Geo support, they also announced MSX (the Japanese only system best known for being the origin of the Metal Gear series). So yeah...one of these two is almost certainly the MSX. The remaining one...still probably some incarnation of Game Boy.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007
  11. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    I know

Playstation :) 

12. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

one is the msx. that's already been announced for japan and i'm surprised it's not already out. as for the other one... either master system or gameboy.

13. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

PLEASE be PC Engine. PLEASE.

14. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I'm surprised no one's guessed Sega Saturn yet. :p 

But yeah, I'm thinking maybe it's Sega Saturn...and Sega Master System.

If not those two, I'd like to see these consoles and handhelds come to the Virtual Console service:
    -Sega Dreamcast
    -Sega Game Gear (I need my damn Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers fix! I haven't played that game in 13 years!)
    -Atari 2600
    -Gameboy
    -Gameboy Color

15. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

pc engine is already out. it's the same as the tg-16.

16. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I'm referring to the CD games. Are they doing them too?

17. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

I'm so hoping that it's the Gameboy. Some of the old black and white games were classics, and I would love to see them come in at about 300 points a piece.

18. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

Turbo CD games have been released, Gate of Thunder and Super Air Zonk are currently out. They are meshed in with the Regular Turbo titles on the VC.

19. KidDynamite

Twitter:
    I did. :) 

Seriously though, all I really care about at this point is playing the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong again. That's one of my all time greatest games ever.

20. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

They should just add support for USB hard drives in a firmware update, that would rule.

You can add Monster Lair to the list of CD games as well.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2007