Two More Weeks until Superman Doomsday is released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prowl, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know if anyone is as hyped about this here as I am, but I love most of the things that WB Animated has put out for the DC universe (particularly Batman and Justice League), and after watching the previews for this movie and seeing how bloody dark it is going to be, I cannot wait for this movie.

The other cool thing for your Firefly fans is that Adam Baldwin is playing the voice of Supes.

http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Doom...7-2900764?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1189095557&sr=1-1

2. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    I am totally stoked and have been since I first heard about it earlier this year.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a shame that the Amazon trailer spoils one of the most shocking parts of the movie in the first 10 seconds of it. But yeah this movie shall rock and like I said before, pretty much everyone who went to the advance screening I saw loved it.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Potential Mini Spoiler.............

All I know is that there was a scene in that preview that shows Doomsday break a human's back. You don't see it, but you definitely hear it.

I don't think I've seen anything that dark in a DC toon before. Maybe Superman lobotomizing, but even that's not this bad.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    There was the time where one of Manheim's gang had the gloves that projected the "energy hands". Superman basically snapped the fingers on the energy hands and when you saw the thug who was wearing the gloves, his fingers were bent in the wrong direction.

Still not as bad as snapping a spine, though.

I am totally stoked for Doomsday, too.

EDIT:
    Oh yeah! Remember when Lobo pulled all the skin off that giant worm?
    It screamed and buried itself underground -minus its skin.
    I realize that was an alien worm, but that sequence was pretty hardcore.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh shit, I forgot about that... Good stuff. Also, when Superman "died" in that episode of JLU, he practically disentigrated, even though it was not "dead" technically... but when Darksied killed that one guy in the Superman Cartoon. That was pretty rough also.

Oh, and I know this if off-topic, but There was a new Ninja Turtle episode based on the old Black and White comic. In the comic Leo cuts Shredder's head off, and when they aired the episode, I was very suprised that it happened in the cartoon also. Now, you find out later that this Shredder was a robot with an alien inside, but for any one watching, Shredder was beheaded on a cartoon until the followup episodes explained otherwise.

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I hope this makes up for the awful Braniac Attacks movie.

8. Keiichitron

Keiichitron Not a physicist, dammit

Ebay:
    Darkseid killed Dan "Terrible" Turpin when he invaded Earth and captured Superman. Turpin refused to bow to Darkseid and rallied everyone to fight, until Darkseid vaporized him, but then that sent Supes into a rage and he destroyed Darkseid's massive tank. Awesome episode.

I'm very looking forward to this movie, as I have the entire Superman Animated Series on DVD as well as much other Superman memorabilia

9. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    They're both written by the same guy (Duane Capizzi), which is what makes me nervous. Although this time, Bruce Timm is executive producer, so hopefully he imposed his will whenever it was needed.

10. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Oh God, I can hear it now.

Superman: "We applied the cordical electrodes, but the patients were non-responsive."

or alternatively

Superman: "I'll be in my bunk."

I'm a huge fan of the DC animated universe, at least the portion Bruce Timm is involved with, but after hearing endless bad reviews of the Brainiac movie, I'm fiercely skeptical of this one as well. You've really got me hyped up though now that I know Adam Baldwin is going to be part of it...his involvement in the new NBC show "Chuck" also piques my curiousity.

-Pit-

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very nice touch... Very nice. I just saw that Firefly episode last night actually.

Yeah, I was worried because of the Braniac movie, but this is a very sensative story in the DC universe, so I'm sure they'll do it justice. Especially based on some of the early reviews.
    Yeah I have the whole series as well. I love the episode where he races the Flash.

12. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Thanks for the kudos; I don't write em, I just remember em.

On another note, how interesting is it that Dana Delany, former voice of Lois Lane on Superman Animated/etc, is now on Desperate Housewives...and even better, her husband will be played by Nathon Fillion. His rendition of Vigilante, particularly in the "Hunter's Moon" JLU episode, was certainly one for the books.

"Just keepin' em honest!!"

That boy sure gets around, don't he?? :lolol 

-Pit-

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did not know that at all. I need to go watch that one tonight. Thanks for the tip.

Yeah, I've been introducing my friend to Firefly and with each new episode I show her, I end up being dissapointed more and more that this season and the movie is all we have and may ever have.

14. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I remeber the "last episode of Superman TAS and for my age I considered Supes ende pretty much like Goku (clothes ripped, all bloody) but now he's gonna get his ass handed to him in a platinium platter!

Man, I love when my heroes are about to die and then they kick more ass.

15. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:

WTF was that POS. The animated Luthor was perfect and they replaced it with kevin spacey's mimic of Gene Hackman's Luthor.

Was I the only one that had a very very hard time making it fit. It was the most jarring thing I had to sit through. As a huge DC universe fan (animated) it was disturbing.

16. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Brainiac Attacks was complete garbage. I really hope that Doomsday offers a proper bookend for the Superman The Animated Series.

Does anyone know if there is an animated Justice League Unlimited movie in the works? I don't like the way that the series ended. It was good, but it didn't feel as epic as it should have considering all that came before it.

17. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I actually don't think Doomsday is supposed to be a bookend for the Superman series. The animation style and voice actors are different, and Bruce Timm himself said that this movie is in a different continuity than the Superman cartoons in the DC cartoons.

I do not know if there is a plan for a JLU movie. From what I can tell, JLU was unceremoniously canceled very late in the game, so the entire team had a very short amount of episodes to tie together a bunch of plot threads into some kind of logical conclusion. So naturally, the final few episodes were insanely rushed. But still, I think the finale was well done if you forgive them the time and episode constraints.

I do know that there is a movie based on "The New Frontier." I don't really know how closely TNF's movie will stick to the book, but the book is an Elseworlds story showing the JLA forming around the time of WW2. Doomsday seemed to make many many changes from the book, so I really can't speak for how close the TNF movie will be to the source material, but TNF looks to be our best bet for new animated JLA.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Really looking foward to this. Still need to pick up the Dr Strange dvd

19. Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Castlevaniac

Adding to what's been mentioned before...

The deliciously sexy Morena Baccarin (Inara) has played the equally luscious Black Canary on JLU. She was also a guest star on How I Met Your Mother last season. That show seems to have a lot of featured players from the Whedon-verse in guest starring roles...

Alan Tudyk gave a gripping turn as a convicted pedophile on CSI: Vegas recently.

Adam Baldwin was also a member of the short lived Day Break last season during the LOST hiatus.

Ron Glass did a guest stint as a judge on another show, I forget which...

That's off the top of my head, I know a few of Firefly's remaining principal cast had some interesting guest spots on other shows recently... So yeah I guess you could say I'm a fan...lol.

-Pit-

20. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    I saw Doomsday at Comic-Con. It is a stand alone movie for fans that usually do not watch DC cartoons.