Two more new Hasbro Trademarks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TF@TM, May 10, 2008.

1. TF@TM

TF@TM Lucky Draw Collector

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Primal says to me Universe. Devastator... maybe animated? since they've already done a Classics one, even if it was a repaint. Or perhaps TFTM2?

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well seeing how the Constructicons in Animated ain't going to combine, it's probably for the movie/ 25th Anniversary

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Devastator? That sounds like it could go in Animated (though we've seen no proof that the two Constructicons will combine in any way), but I'd say it's possible it could be for the upcoming movie 2 line (how far out do these things get trademarked anyways?).

Optimus Primal? That just screams Universe to me, but it's kind of strange because I figured he probably wouldn't get a Universe release due to him already getting an update during the BWX line. Though, I suppose they could be going for something more show accurate?

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Methinks everyone is forgetting Optimus Primal is due for a release as a Robot Heroes figure. Devastator in the same series would be cool... but of course I'm hoping for better.

6. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Well they said Primal was a mabey in animated so yeah. Devestator I have no idea I dont see it in universe due to the repaint in the normal classics line. Movie mabey, Animated mabey.

7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Good point. Still, I'm really hoping for a show accurate update of him... but you're probably right about Primal. A Robot Heroes Devastator could be cool and Hasbro did mention they were looking into doing the 'Mega sized' figures ala the Marvel Superhero Squad sets...

8. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    Nice! I hope Optimus Primal will be in Animated! Or maybe some nice Universe new mold or repaint!

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Well considering we've already gotten a Robot Heroes Unicron at normal size I'm not sure Devastator would even be mega sized... But that would be a cool way to do some characters, city formers, combiners, etc. (I want Metroplex!)

10. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Optimus Primal says to me Universe, while I think that Devastator would be movie. If they added the prefix "Constructicon" to Devastator, it could solve the name problem they had with the first movie.

11. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

If Devastator is for the movie, they'll probably call him "Brawl" onscreen.

Here's a thought--could "Constructicon Devastator" actually be a third Constructicon in Animated rather than the gestalt version?

12. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Was there really a risk of another company producing a toy named Optimus Primal?

13. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hm, what is Hasbro scheming now?

14. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

Not really, but I think they have to renew all the names--Optimus Prime & Megatron included--on a regular basis "just in case."

15. jcard2005

jcard2005 Well-Known Member

My first thought that came to mind when I read "Constructicon Devastator" was a 25th Anniversary Reissue of the G1 Constructicons.

I could very very wrong on this. But it would be neat if it was true. Hasbro did use this mold twice during the G2 run so it wouldn't be a stretch to use them again this time around.

I'm also going out on a limb and hoping we get a G1 Bruticus reissue from Hasbro for the 25 Anniversary. They definatly have the molds since they used them several times in the R.I.D and in the universe line

16. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

I hope Devastator is for the movie

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hmm...both are probably for the Universe/Classics/25 Ann. line, imo. Optimus Primal is getting a Robot Hereoes figure, and they have shown interest in doing larger RH's, so that could be Constructicon Devastator.

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

Robot Heroes; just about willing to bet on it. I'd welcome either of them in the Classics category of Universe though.

19. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I would love to see Primal once again, I love the mold, the character, but something like the Robot masters version or a twisted look like the 20th anniversary. If he makes an appereance in animated it woul be aesome.

20. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    Id love to see a 25th Anni of Devastator. I could live without Bruticus since hes been redone in just about every line. Devastator has always been my fav and everytime he has been "re-invented", its been a big let down for me. Id love to see some badassery paint scheme with either slight battle damage or basically dirty vehicles, articulated joints and (or options for different) hands....maybe one holding a mini hot rod, and a cool base