Minor/Repaint: two more binaltech repaints

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by ckhtiger, Jan 20, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

now that I think I've got the image sizing thing down, here's my two other projects that I've been working on this winter. I almost sold grimmy on the boards when I decided he wasn't doing it for me anymore. it was ok for me to have three subaru molds and two viper molds among my autobots because those robots shared vehicle modes in G1. but grimlock just didn't fit. before selling him, I saw the basic color scheme on tfmaster's site. I actually used brass for the gold coloring.

[​IMG]

and then prowl, well, I realize it's not original, but I had been thinking about it ever since I saw the alert previews. I finally got it done after melting part of the chest accidentally with some turpentine I shouldn't have used to remove some excess paint. luckily you can't really see it. I only wish he came together a bit better in car mode. the head came from the blue prowl, which will be receiving a recolored sideswipe head to complete my nightbeat custom in a few weeks.

[​IMG]

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Doing this is the first thing I thought of when I saw the Prowl and Alert photos. Looks great just like it's suposed to.

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work!:thumb 

4. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I like the Grimlock the best. Where did you make/obtain the part to position Grimlock's doors like that?

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

it's real easy. all you have to do is loosen the screw that attaches them, and then rotate the doors 90 degrees towards the back. it's a square peg, so if it makes you feel safer, take the doors all the way off and then reattach them in that postition. I think it makes the doors almost look like a cape for the king of the dinos!

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I did this with my Alt Springer custom (also a Mustang). I added some washers around the screwhole that way the doors are able to swivle around for transformation. Nice work on your customs!

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I feel so honored to have you compare my mustang and yours. the paint of that springer (and all your others) is amazing!

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm very flattered! Thank you so much for being "honored!" I'm honored by you being honored, LOL!

Keep up the good work!

9. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

What did you do to the feet? They're backwards - and it looks really good.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

on the back of grimlock's seats there's a crossbar held in by two screws. removing it allows you to do more positions with the feet, and for the life of me I can't figure out it's purpose.