Two Megatron Voices, One Photo

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Voiceroy, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I didn't think this qualified as "news" so I'm posting it here.

David Kaye gave me permission to publish photos on my blog from a recent recording session for the upcoming "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" TV series, which also of course involved Frank Welker (voice of Fred and Scooby).

While I wish he'd had one taken just of him and Frank, he did get a group photo with Frank, and I'm really pleased to be able to share it with fans via the blog. After all, just how often do you see a photo of two voices of Megatron in the same photograph?

Voice Actors in the News: Cast Details for New Scooby Doo D2V and TV Series

2. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice article and great pictures. Normally I'm not a fan of Scooby Doo at all, but if the great Maurice LaMarche is going to be in this new show, it may just be worth checking out.

3. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

Wow, I haven't heard anything about Scooby-Doo in ages.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

That photo of Cree Summer and Frank Welker is awesome. It's Penny and Dr. Claw (and Brain)!

Voiceroy, a respectful question: Which one are you in those photos? Are you the voice director for the Scooby Doo movie?

5. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Very true! I didn't even think about that!

Ha! I'm flattered, but I'm just a longtime voice actor fan who's managed to accumulate a good list of industry contacts over the years, many of which I'm honored to say I've developed friendships with as well.

I've done some commercial and indie film voiceover work, but I don't even have any cartoon voice work to my credit yet... although I just recently booked my first cartoon voice gig for an independent animated series being produced in Atlanta which the creators hope to premiere the pilot episode at Dragon*Con this coming August. I'm voicing 5 characters for it, recording sometime in the next month.

And as I mentioned in the article, all the photos came courtesy of David Kaye. Other voice actors have shared photos for my blog as well. Poke around on the blog and you'll find a number of pics and videos from other TF-related VAs like Corey Burton, Rob Paulsen, Wally Wingert, Frank Welker, Tara Strong, Tom Kenny, Jess Harnell, Cree Summer... and I could go on, but I'd feel like I was just name-dropping.

If for some reason you want to know anything else about me, there's an "About The Blogger" tab on my blog with a profile-type thing.

Thanks for the compliment, and I feel the same way about some animated properties I watch simply for the voice talents involved. Even if Moe voiced a character in a show I absolutely hated, I'd still watch it just for him.

6. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    The lat picture oozes of awesomeness with two Megatrons and The Brain.