Two Ebay problems at once...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PMPrime, Dec 19, 2006.

1. PMPrime

PMPrime Made of sterner stuff...

I have never had problems with Ebay users before. However, recently I've had 2 at the same time. I'm really PO'ed at these dudes and I wanna get stuff off my chest and see if you guys agree with me or think I'm crazy.

Case#1: Zelda Replica Collectors set.

I bought a set for my buddy on Dec. 2nd...the auction had shipping to Canada as $17 US Priority 4 to 6 days. I agreed to pay it because I wanted him to have it before Christmas. I gave him some leeway in the first week...maybe he didn't ship it right away and he sent it later on in the week. Maybe Canada Customs withheld it for a while. But since it's Priority it should have a tracking number, so I ask for that.
    I get "it should be there any day now." That's fine...I ask for the tracking number again just so I can ease my mind. Doesn't reply. I wait another week...nothing, no reply, no Zelda. I ask for the tracking number again and when he shipped the package and informed him that if he doesn't give the tracking number to me for a third time I'm assuming he sent it Standard and not Priority and I want at least half the shipping cost back.
    He says there is no tracking number and that's very suspicious to me because expedited, xpress, and air all have tracking numbers, Priority better damn well have one. I also inform him that I got a set previously for myself from Texas, sent Standard shipping for $7 and I got it first...why is yours from Illinois taking 2 weeks Priority?
    He emails me back saying he shipped it two weeks ago...again not saying if it was shipped Priority or not and not giving me the tracking number, although he says he's going to try to find the slip and see what's going on. He also says it's not his problem.
    I ask him for the tracking number again when he finds the slip and if he doesn't give it to me I want half the shipping back. And if he doesn't provide me with proof of either the number, a scan or picture of the receipt, he's getting negative feedback if it doesn't come in time for Christmas. I also inform him that if he doesn't meet those conditions and it doesn't come one month after I paid for it...I'm filing a ebay/paypal claim.
    I tell him I don't even care if it does comes in anymore after a month, I just would want my money back and he can keep the set for all I care.
    He then emails me back threatening to sue me if I leave negative feedback...and I had a good laugh. I mail him back...telling him he has the burden of proof and he's going to have to prove to me and ebay/paypal that he shipped it priority.
    He keeps tap dancing around this shipping thing and it's making me crazy. Just give me the number and I'll shut up...no negative feedback will be left. And if it arrives great...unless it wasn't sent priority then I want half the shipping...

Case #2: Sold him a PS3 20gig.

Sold this guy a 20gig PS3 for $725 Can. Shipped it to him and he received it not long afterwards. Asks for the receipt from Future Shop after he gets it, even though it would have been easier for me to send it with the box. He demands it for Friday in CAPS....this was on the Wednesday. He informs me that he needs the receipt so he can get it repaired or return it or get a warranty......or sell it because he has people lined up.....okay, why he wants to buy a low end PS3 for 100 over the cost just to sell it again is beyond me. I send him the receipt.
    He later informs me that he hasn't received the receipt and he now assumes it's stolen. I tell him, look at my feedback and check the serial number on the box itself with Sony directly and see if it's stolen or not. I tell him not to worry.
    He emails me again saying he still doesn't have the receipt and telling me that he's lost money because of me because no body will buy it off of him without the receipt. He then says to type in the number off the receipt.
    First of all...I sent you the receipt so I can't do that...take it easy. Sell the guy the system and when the receipt comes just give it to him. If he's worried about warranty call Sony and give them the serial number off the box or the system itself.
    I tell him I've done everything I could possibly do. He has the system in his hands, the receipt is coming and he's bitching and moaning to me about how is he going to sell it...what does this have to do with me? Am I a wholesaler/factory direct? Why should I care if he sells it or not and I'm costing him money on his separate business ventures? I've done everything asked of me when possible and he writes as if I'm a crook. YOU HAVE THE SYSTEM IN YOUR HANDS and the receipt is coming...what more do you want. The receipt is hardly going to be useful for long anyway. It was bought at Future Shop on the 24th and he's got till the 8th of January to get a refund from Future Shop.
    Him talking to me about the difficulties in him selling it makes about as much sense as a monkey on LSD.
    And I inform him to not email me about your business ventures because it doesn't concern me and I will not reply to it. Wait for your receipt.
    If he emails me again about it...he's going to get nonsense from me as well...stuff like movie quotes and stuff from Seinfeld because that makes about as much sense as him yelling at me about his separate PS3 adventures in selling.

Damn that was long....sorry for the ranting, but I just had to get it off my chest. It's not even over yet either. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet with this PS3 fool and accept the negative feedback I'm sure I'm going to receive after I lose my stack and rip the guy a new one.
    The Zelda one I'm fine about. He's already given positive feedback after I paid for it and I have the leverage there. I just want know the tracking number and if it was shipped priority like I paid for...that's all I ask. Why would I paid that much for shipping if it WASN'T priority?

2. MikeTSI

MikeTSI The Reclaimer TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I got nothing for case #1, but case #2:

It sounds like what he is doing is illegal, as far as Ebay is concerned. I would contact them. You came through with what he was supposed to get in the auction. He is demanding something that wasn't in the auction, the receipt. Unless you stated in the auction that the receipt is included. Has he threatened to leave negative feedback? I know that is not allowed. It's called feedback extortion.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-extortion.html

Mike

3. PMPrime

PMPrime Made of sterner stuff...

On the auction for #2 it clearly states "Receipt available upon request."
    He requested the receipt after he got the PS3 in his possession and I still sent the receipt.