Twisted Metal

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Fonecrusher, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

Demo is up! It's 1.5 GB currently I'm just waiting for it to install, anybody else looking forward to this game?

2. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

I'm intrigued and I'll check out the demo, but I really want to see them step away from the TM:Black style and do a real sequel to TM2.

3. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

Twisted Metal: Head-On is the true sequel to Twisted Metal 2.

4. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

I'm very interested in this game. I loved all of Singletrac/Incog Inc./Eat Sleep Play's Twisted Metal games.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Playing against the bots to get reaquainted. Damn it's brutal lol. But in a good way. Is it just me or is the left/right when you are reversing flipped. It keeps getting me killed.

6. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Downloading currently. Should be finished in like...three or four years

7. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I also got the demo and as someone said it is brutal as I think my character got fried quit a few times. At times it feels like its cheating but then again I guess I need to understand the controls much better anyway.

8. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    A whole freaking GB for a DEMO? It takes me like, two hours to download something around 2000 MB... oi vey.

9. Fonecrusher

I guess I was one of the lucky ones in that I managed to get online for a good 4 games of deathmatch before all these errors started happening. Really fun, challenge mode doesn't do this game justice, MP is where it's at, **** was just crazy, it's absolute chaos online when you get a big game, and it all runs surprisingly smoothly too at 60fps and no lag at all.

As for challenge mode it's tough at first but once you learn the layout of the map, discover the location of power ups/health packs etc. it becomes a lot easier. The key is surviving the initial onslaught, once you pick off 2-3 enemies it becomes a cakewalk, already beat it with Outlaw, Vermin and Talon.

10. Cavshock

Cavshock Well-Known Member

This game will be the straw that finally breaks the camels back and makes me buy a PS3.
    I remember way back when I had a demo disc with TM2 on it and would play it over and over and over again.

Chuck

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you running, man. Mine DLed in like 5 minutes. Obviously I know you're being sarcastic, but it wasn't a long DL.

If you're a TM vet I'd be curious to see what you think of the reverse controls. I popped TM2 in and, yeah, the controls are revered when you are backing up. I'd hate to get used to this for TM and then start sucking at all of my other driving games. :lol 

Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  12. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
  13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Wow. I just realized how stupid this is. 1500 MB is a GB, isn't it? lol.

I'm just gonna kick myself in the gonads and be done with it.

14. iwasherenotyou

iwasherenotyou Medical Officer

News Credits:
    I just played a match of this by myself after I finished the tutorial and I am really frustrated! I was so used to the WFC driving controls that I forgot everything the tutorial taught me and died 2 minutes later. It's horrible! (the way I play not the game, it's fun)

15. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When the time comes, keep me posted, I'll cover you.

Yeah, been using the racing controls. They feel the most-natural, but I cannot get used to the reverse controls, no matter how much I try. I'm sure when the real game comes out I'll be forced to, but since I'm the only one with an issue with them it's unlikely that they will change.

16. Fonecrusher

Screw censorship this was the last straw for me, I mean this is Twisted Metal we are talking about! First thing I did was cancel my preorder with EB down here and immediately decided to import it from the states, I get the game cheaper, with the TMB code and 2 weeks earlier than I would have...

And the government wonder why local retailers are struggling against internet competitors, because of bone headed decisions like this.

17. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

The only way to win is to isolate individual combatants otherwise, wow, do they knock the crap outta you. This demo was fun but I didn't see any HUGE improvements over Black.

18. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Enjoying the demo quite a bit. Like Prowl, I'm using the racing controls. I think I might just buy this one instead of renting. I have a few gift cards to Best Buy and I think this would be perfect.

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the good thing is that they do fight each other. Granted, they don't bring their own health down significantly, but it's not like they all gang up on you, either.

Talking Single-player, of course :) 

20. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Not really. It's more Twisted Metal 2 with less vehicles on screen. I don't know about the PSP version but the only game the PS2 one is a sequel to is Black as it has the levels they actually completed for Black2.