2D Artwork: Twintwist Redesign

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by TedimusPrime, Apr 14, 2012.

1. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Part Time Toy Designer

I've always had a soft spot for Twintwist. I'm... not really sure why. Maybe it's because drill tanks are awesome. Anyway, I got in the mood to draw a transformer which is something I haven't done in months.

Credit where credit is due, obviously my style is heavily based off of Blitz's awesome work, but then again his tutorials are where I kinda learned to draw transformers so it very much carries through in my art.

The design of Twintwist is based off of a toy design I did earlier in the year. It's not nearly as detailed, but I used the same transformation scheme for this as I did the sketch. I'll upload it whenever I get around to doing colors, which will be sooner or later.

Let me know what you think. The pose is a bit boring since I haven't drawn a transformer in so long, but I feel like the lines are some of the most solid I've done for a transformer.

[​IMG]

Again, not to self advertise but this is the level of work I'll be cranking out for commissions if somebody ends up wanting one. I'm not sure what I'd charge. What do you think? I spent most of the day on these lines.

Attached Files:

2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Looks good! :thumb 

3. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

This is great! LOving all the details. The shadow is a little distracting though because it is so black. The perspective is great too except for the left forearm and hand they look a little flat. This is a great direction for you though.

4. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    Nice! :D 

5. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Awesome! :thumb  Keep up the great work!