twins combining, dropped for good?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    There was a couple of things that never made it to the final cut in ROTF. During production a lot of rumors spread throughout every computer, one of those was SkidsMudflap combo.

Believe it or not, I actually was looking forward to watching those neat chevy's perform some combo action some time in the film, aside from Devs.

Skids and Mudflap never combined into a bigger robot in the movie, the only thing that came close was the Ice-Cream truck, but never during the battle along Devs or anywhere else in the film.

So, will this remain this way, or will we expect to see them combine in a future film? maybe something being kept strictly for part 3, who knows, feel free to share any thoughts. :thumb 

Attached Files:

2. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Personally, I think the only combining that was ever planned for the Twins was the Ice-Cream truck alt-mode. Though it wouldn't surprise me if it was something they at least thought of doing. Arcee and the bike twins got closer to an on-screen combo-mode. Having the twins combine in a third movie is something I could see them doing, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't do it. That and combining seemed to be this movie's gimmick. Bay may be obsessed with some other gimmick by the time they get to work on TF3.

3. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I wouldn't mind seeing it in TF3, but I think it would raise the issue of, "Wait...why didn't they do this in the last movie?"

But yeah, I wouldn't mind. It'd be interesting to see on screen and it would give the toymakers an excuse to make a new set of toys :p 

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if the twins weren't in the next movie at all, with no mention of what happened to them.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    One can only hope.

6. blunghole

blunghole The Tapeworm of Unicron!

News Credits:
    When I was watching the movie, I kept waiting for them to combine. I thought the ice cream truck was foreshadowing, and a combined mode would explain why each twin had an oversized hand...bigger bot mode=bigger hands.

7. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Bigger hands=bigger.....gloves

8. primenemesis

primenemesis Banned

Ebay:
    exactly just leave things hanging wo any explanation, we get alot of that

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Doin' it "Barricade style." (no, not what happened to Sam...)

10. Ellamin

Ellamin Moonbeam Dreamer

News Credits:
    I personally would like to see the twins combine and become Shockwave, the ruthlessly logical Decepticon spy, loyal to Megatron in person, but subtly manipulating things to shift power to him, he is afterall, the logical leader of the decepticons.

Doubt it'd happen, though I think it's more plausable than a City or Planet-former (Unicron for example, BUT, I think Mars as Unicron's "shell" could work well...)

Only time will tell.

11. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    exactly. ::cool: 

12. coinilius

coinilius Well-Known Member

I never heard anything about the Twins combining beyond the Ice Cream truck mode, and was never really expecting anything like that. Personally, I would have liked it more if they had stayed as the Ice Cream truck version throughout the entire movie - everything they did later could have been done with them transforming into a conjoined ice cream truck and it was a lot more unique than just the generic looking cars they ended up becoming.

13. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skids and Mudflap are Michael Bay's "favorite Transformers", so we're gonna see them again in the next movie for sure, whether you hate them or not. They WILL come back. No doubt about it, and they will surely cheat death while everyone else gets killed off.

14. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Well, you just ruined my morning.......thanks alot! lol

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Hm, I don't think I'd really like to see Skids and Mudflap combine at all. I think the ice cream truck was as close to their combining that we will ever see in the movies.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No need for combining, the asymmetry is the best part of their designs, they, like, complete each other without actualy doing it.

17. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

Me too,but GM doesn't sell ice cream trucks.

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it's a bit early to even guess what might happen in the third film. It's a very long ways off so I'm sure a lot of different ideas will be batted around between now and then and you don't know what sort of influences might hit the team between now and then.

Heck we don't even know if we will have the same writing team since they stay busy and it's hard to say yes when you don't know when they need you to start writing the script. If we get new writers who knows what sort of ideas they will bring to the table with them.

Although it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Skidmark and Buttflap were to die in some horrible accident between the films. Of course I've been waiting for Jar Jar to die as well so annoying characters are just smegging immortal or something.