3D Artwork: Twilight Minions (WFC Soundwave pre-Shapeways stuff)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Treadshot A1, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

No, it's not that Twilight. It's called Twilight based on a certain Yu-gi-oh set, which combined Light and Dark. Considering i have already made Light and Dark Minions, i thought Twilight would be perfect for the neutral Minions/Systems.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First one is a System. An upgrade to the original WFC Scout Minion, the new Twilight Scout System is a mobile transmitter. Using two treads, the Twilight Scout System can be deployed to proved extra range for communications, allowing Soundwave's other Minions to travel further while still relaying information directly back to Soundwave.

The Scout is equipped with an on-board display and controls. The d-pad, buttons and screen are for programming the System, while it also has a display to the side to indicate signal strength.

Twilight Scout Minion uses a little swivel lock to deploy it's satellite dish. Basically, because the main part of the minion is printed in one piece (the body and dish), the dish has to be loose to avoid fusing. So, a separate lock is printed, which is mounted on a swivel to the side of the minion. That rotates to hold the dish in place.

In terms of where some parts came from, the dish is resized from WFC Scout Minion, while the body of the System is actually inspired by G1 Grandslam. Just a little trivia for you. :) 

I should state now that Twilight Scout Minion is not for individual sale. Rather, when my Dark Minions arrive on Monday (two days for this post), all will be available. If you buy them all as a set, not only does that reduce cost, but also, a Twilight Scout System will be included. That will be the only way to get this System.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Treadshot A1

Twilight Scout System v2

Changes: Added two wheels to the bottom to allow the System to roll along the ground.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

any way to just get them drones and not the whole set?

4. KNOOM842

KNOOM842 Ultra Con

you know what i posted before i read fully and thats what they will be used for just with PE rumble/frenzy/refector/Wfc soundwave

5. Treadshot A1

This System is the bonus piece if you buy Volume 1. There's no other way to get this System unless you're me. :) 

For the record, they're not for PE toys. They're for the Minions I designed, like the Dark Fremble Minions in my sig.

6. Geminii

Geminii Toyetic multiformophile

I take it that the dish swivel has to be perfectly circular around its axis? It couldn't for example, be printed as octogonal or dodecahedronal so that it would 'click' from position to position when swung up?

7. Treadshot A1

It couldn't be printed like that, as the parts would fuse together. However, that's what the little swivel lock is for. Depending on how much you rotate the swivel lock, the dish will sit at different angles. :)