TWFC - PC Steam Version Info

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AlphaPrime(CW), Oct 2, 2010.

1. AlphaPrime(CW)

AlphaPrime(CW) TFQ Team Member

This Info is for the PC 'Steam' version of the game...

The following Character CAN be used in Escalation and Multiplayer and is already in the game (all assets present that is):

[​IMG]

These characters have MENU graphics and ICONS only, No models so they cannot be used or unlocked without additional content
    (which would be stupidly easy for high-moon to add, I could add them if I had the models!)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    JAZZ, SCATTERSHOT & SHOCKWAVE
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    DEADEND, DEMOLISHER & ONSLAUGHT

So to play these characters on the PC you'll have to wait for DLC,
    Once again, this is for the PC STEAM version, the regular PC version may vary.

Hope this answers some of your questions

Brought to you by Alpha-Prime(CW) of the Cybertronian Warriors clan

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    High Moon has zero intentions of giving a PC DLC pack.

As I have said before
    I still stand behind this!

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    I stand behind that as well....

4. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

So if I'm following this right, the Steam version of the PC game has the bonus characters on it, but you can't actually use them until they release a download for it, which they apparently wont ever do, because High moon hates PC gamers?

5. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    More like activision.... High moon I bet does but activision say if its ok or not.... And Apparently for some odd reason, it not...
    I just wish the studio would fight them about it.... Unlike for the ROTF game.

6. AlphaPrime(CW)

Actually its a bit more like 'The steam pc game has the characters coded in and prepared for inclusion, they just can't be used until high-moon/Activision includes the models which they already have!'

It's so easy to include them that if the DLC pack uses the same file format as the PC, I could include them seamlessly even without a model editor!, its just plug in and go, really!

Why they don't is beyond me? its platform racism is what it is, the PC is designed to be extend-able much easier then consoles, to hold it back is stupid,
    It MUST be a marketing thing, but I cannot fathom the reason behind it?.

7. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    apparently hackers can already access the files on multiplayer. buddy ran across a fusioning zeta in tdm a few days ago :3
    but I fully don't understand how that's possible if you're saying that the icons/data for them is there, but the models aren't.
    I've known my bud for a long time, and he's extremely reliable, so I really don't believe he would lie about something this trivial.

but yeah, another excellent business decision by activision. they're basically just saying play with hacks at this point if you want the dlc.

8. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Can you extract models from the console versions and just toss them into the pc version?

9. TheSCATTORSHOT

TheSCATTORSHOT Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I autcally the same idea.Don't know to do it though.Maybe Kranix knows!

I Swear, i should have buyed the steam version, instead i buyed myself retail.:banghead: . Looks we just need the models.Though, i have not seen menu cards for those characters.

This buggs me to no end.

10. Kouri

Kouri kupo

Ebay:
    I looked through the player models, and know for a -fact- that Zeta's player model is included in the PC files.

[​IMG]

Had some trouble extracting other models, but I'm sure they're there. Heck, even Megatron's model doesn't want to extract, and I don't think anyone will argue about him being in the game.

A nice homebrew patch to make those extras unlockable for PC would be lovely.

11. jtscribe

jtscribe Well-Known Member

There was a patch for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance that brought the XBOX 360 exclusives over to the PC, surely something similar could be done here.

12. AlphaPrime(CW)

Read the first post again, I said Zeta-Prime IS available being the ONLY one whos model is included (probably for the holograms) hes is FULLY functional, and comes with standard LEADER class weapons, he is called 'ELITE RIG' in create a character, and I have him unlocked.

So Zeta-Prime IS usable, I have him on one of my Leader Profiles.
    so your reliable friend is still very reliable! :) 

If anyone can transfer the DLC pack to somewhere I can download it, I will see if those models can be put into the game, if they use the same model format I can easily take care of the menu and icons being activated for them.

perhaps if we show it can be done easily highmoon/activision will add it as an optional download.

13. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

:lol  Uh...Yeah. That's totally what it is...Those bigots.

I'm going to go with the, Activision are poor business men, theory, myself.

14. AlphaPrime(CW)

actually i see going like this:
    high-moon planned to include all these characters in the PC version (hence the menu graphics) activision says no as it would negatively affect console sales, also they institute the 'preorder bonus' plan to make console sales more attractive then PC sales initially, this is because consoles great advantage (plug in and go gaming) is also their biggest drawback due to lack of extendability and modification support (although it is possible), most titles come out for consoles first to maximise their sales before the PC and modders get ahold of it, I would not be surprised if they DID come out with an update patch for WFC that included these characters, it'll just be after the main rush is over and console sales have hit their peak, after all if you had a choice between console with few characters or PC with ALL the characters which would you choose?.

its really 'platform time marketing' making each platform more attractive at the right time to maximize sales, with companies its ALL about the sales.

'Platform racism' or 'Platform Facism' sounds cooler though

15. TheSCATTORSHOT

News Credits:
    How did you unlock him?

Also i have a shout to activision.

KOTICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. TheSCATTORSHOT

News Credits:
    Woah,Woah.Hold your engines. I believe there was no SDK for MUA.Somehow, the guys at marvelmods "ported" the characters from the 360. We may have found a solution!

17. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Ok. So more like crooked business, then poor.

Yeeeah...I'd go with Fascism if you really plan on throwing that around.

18. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Remember this is a ported game.... Ported games are hard to work with.... We are even lucky we got use Jetfire's model and so on in ROTF... =P
    I mean if they packed the game as they did with ROTF then we would be running around with more then what the DLC gives us and playing on maps that you couldn't even get to play on the consoles.

19. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    thanks for the confirmation alphaprime.

so what exactly does "unlocking" zeta entail?
    is it just moving around some files, or does it actually require using the hack/trainer as my friend thought?

20. AlphaPrime(CW)

It requires file modification, all the rest of the assets are already in the required places,
    whether or not there is a way to unlock Zeta-Prime 'Ingame' like slipstream and arcee I do not know.

I think that the only reason his assets are present are for the hologram Zetas you fight during decepticon escalation and during the Zeta-Prime boss fight, though why they just didn't include him with the others I think is a matter of giving the consoles an early advantage.