Twenty minutes to get Titanium Megs out of his box....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bgrngod, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Killing time tonight by opening up some boxed Titanium figs I've had sitting under my desk for the last few weeks. Titanium Megs was freed from his box after 20 minutes and two dislocated arms. I'd post a picture of Megs in pieces on my desk, but it was just too hard to look at him like that, so I put him back together real quick. Holy hell I hope the rest of them aren't this difficult to get out.

[​IMG]

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Movie Megs and Universe Onslaught...?

3. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Heh? I'm seeing the pick with 6 titanium fig boxes.

4. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

What???

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ya know you can do it in like 3 minutes if you just get some finger nail clippers and clip the twisties =P

6. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Titanium Megatron is the only TF toy I can recall where the limbs were packaged dislocated, presumably so he could strike some sort of pose in the package. He, along with Soundwave, are better off being left in the box where they will be free to look sort of semi-okay, without collapsing in on themselves.

Rodimus Prime is pretty neat though, if you can overlook his gaping holes. And the War Within Seeker mold is awesome. It's the only Titanium mold that would pass muster in a main line.

7. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Titanium Megatron is the only TF toy I can recall where the limbs were packaged dislocated, presumably so he could strike some sort of pose in the package. He, along with Soundwave, are better off being left in the box where they will be free to look sort of semi-okay, without collapsing in on themselves.

Rodimus Prime is pretty neat though, if you can overlook his gaping holes. And the War Within Seeker mold is awesome. It's the only Titanium mold that would pass muster in a main line.

8. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i know, i hate toys that i tied down that much.. universe unicron was tied so meaninglessly.. there were twisties tied just around the figure, holding back virtually nothing.. just tied around the chest... that was the most annoying figure i opened. mustve taken 20min to get it out, definitely. i clip them off if its a small figure which i dont want the box.. like a deluxe, or animated activators.. or legends class figures (its crazy to have 3 ties for a legends fig, btw :D )... yeah, im done... :lol 

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Meh. we have to deal with twist ties. Get a spare nail clipper and just use it for opening toys.

Besides the ties are pretty useful afterwards, I use them to restrain chips and other snacks.

10. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    So, of thye choice of those six, you opened Titanium G.I. Joe Megatron first?

Ugh... my condolances. What an awful first impression!

He is easily the worst of the Titanium line. And yes, I remember the epic battle it took to free him from the box. And that whole spontanious amputation thing he does? It doesn't get any better. The clips that hold his limbs on apparently can't hold up under the strain of a passing glance.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Yeah, Titaniums were a bitch to open up. I don't think even Unicron had as many twist-ties as the average Titanium.

12. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I finished opening up Skywarp, Rodimus and Soundwave before giving up for the night and going to sleep. Soundwave is.... oh so ... bad. I'm trusting that his leg issue is something that is unfixable. I think he's going to be stuck in alt-mode forever. At least he sits on his little pedestal just fine. Megs can barely fit on there.

I normally use a pair of pretty sharp scissors to cut the ties. I'll have to try the nail clippers thing tonight when I go at the other two.

13. kllrwlf

kllrwlf Well-Known Member

I only have G1 Megs and War Within Optimus for titaniums.

Megs was a pain and in pieces by the time I was done releasing him, using wire cutters. It's amazing that I still remember this... I opened it up when they were first released a while back.

14. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    it took me awhile to get Animated Blitzwing out of his box lol now I just use the nail clipper trick

and off topic a little but is Soundwave really that bad? he is a tape cassette ala G1 after all looks awesome (atleast to me)

15. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, he is that bad - the telescoping legs can't support the weight of the figure, and even if they do, his robot mode has the giant diaper crotch that makes it look stupid. It might have been excusable if it were a vital part of the transformation, but it could have been done better. He has a nice head sculpt and the weapons were nicely done, but other than that the figure is a dismal failure - and I actually like most of the titaniums. While most people have been critical of the 6Ti line, I have always been a fan for some strange reason, but I wouldn't even give this figure to a poor homeless child - he'd throw it back, which would probably hurt.

16. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Yeah, Tit Soundwave is rocking the robo-diaper.

WW Grimlock is nice. I think Scourge is worth picking up since he goes with the Classics so well. I also like Rodimus Prime as long as you view him from the front.

Not a huge fan of either Titanium Megatron or Titanium Prowl.