2D Artwork: Tweaked Micro Heroes

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by RandyB2277, Apr 2, 2010.

1. RandyB2277

RandyB2277 Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of you are familiar with the Micro Heroes pixel art. If not here's a link to it Micro Heroes Site. First let me say the guys that do this work are great pixel artist, But I never liked how the head were twice as big as the bodies. So I tried resizing them with some of my favorite heroes. I also used there Transformers movie art to make mine, but since I re-sized re-proportioned and re-detailed them I have no problem calling them mine.

Attached Files:

2. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Its cool and all,but saying that you have no problem claiming them as your own is like saying you could take someone else's art and change a few thing then call it your own,which is you still plagiarism.

3. RandyB2277

RandyB2277 Well-Known Member

I've tried to contact the creators for permission but never could get in touch with them. I would never claim the superheroes as mine cause all I did was re-size there heads, but the Transformers are extensively modified. I have a question. I plan to make a movie Rodimus and Galvatron by tweaking Optimus and Megatron will they ever be a time when I can claim them as my own?

4. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    I would say that would be no,because you are using another artist's work as your base.

5. joebleau

joebleau New Member

you get use to the big head after a while dont worry ;)  if you want to contact some of the creators you can do a quick research on google for microheroes and board ...there a little community that could use your skills ;) 

6. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

No.

Dude, it's someone else's work. It doesn't matter that you modify it, you didn't create the original art--much less the character the art is based on.

Have fun with 'em, sure. Hell, I suppose you can even tell yourself they're yours in your head, since it won't actually make any difference. But they're not.