TV Spot Analysis

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Doomofman, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Doomofman

Doomofman Suck my popsicle!

News Credits:
    So I got bored and decided to take some screens of the TV spot and talk about some of the stuff in them... So here we go...

[​IMG]
    Four visible protoforms heading towards the battle fleet... Is this new footage or more left over from similar shots Bay did for the first movie?

[​IMG]

The Aircraft Carrier as it's struck by one of the protoforms. Notice the people on the deck and on the tail of one of the F18s oblivious to the fact their carrier has exploded (for obvious reasons, no doubt will be fixed for final release)

[​IMG]

A big ol constructicon. Has been rumoured to be the top part of devestator.

[​IMG]

A shot of the constructicons wheel, which appears to be made up from the cranes caterpillar tracks (the toy would support this)

[​IMG]

Another shot of the constructicons face. Is it just me or are his markings in chinese?

[​IMG]

Ravage leaping from the ocean. I wonder if he's one of the protoforms we saw arriving at the beginning of the tv spot?

[​IMG]

Closer shot of Ravage's head. Seems to have a cannon in his mouth.

[​IMG]

The audi decepticon busting through the wall. A look at his head, seems quite like Barricade to me.

[​IMG]

A shot of one of the Arceess leaping down behind the audio. Also notice the sleek lines on the hood of the audio that are missing on the toy (along with other key features of the cars styling)

[​IMG]

A second of the Arcees. You can see the two bike wheels on it in this screen.

[​IMG]

All 3 Arcees. They don't seem to have legs, but rather are like unicycles much like the constructicon is in most of the shots we see it in (it has two wheels but tends to only use the one)

[​IMG]

Starscream over Sam. You can faintly see the "tattoos" that screamer has in his toy version, but they are less prominent in the movie than on the toy. Also visible are the blue additions to screamers head

[​IMG]

Is that Starscream spitting at Sam? Can Transformers spit?

[​IMG]

Confirmation of the return of Megatron. You can see the tank thread on his knee in the background. Notice also some rust from being recovered from the bottom of the ocean.

[​IMG]

A closer look at the little appendages that Megatron uses to hold Same down.

[​IMG]

Optimus getting beaten pretty hard. As you can see, the decepticon seems quite rusty so it's possible that it's Megatron unless one of the other decepticons was also recovered from the ocean.

[​IMG]

Constructicon about to destroy the bridge, again notice the chinese markings on the bridge. There's also a fair ground with ferris wheel and rollercoaster in the background. I wonder if the TFs run riot in there. Also note the two flying cars in this scene. Is it possible that the 'wheels' on the constructicon fling cars in the air?

[​IMG]

Prime in mid-air and another shot of the constructicons face.

[​IMG]

Prime hanging from the constructicon. Notice the fang like structure of it's face and you can also see the second wheel on it's way towards the groun

2. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    there seems to be theme of robots spewing fluids ''prime bleeding'' starscream spitting, bumblebee puking goop on allice and ravage using biological weapons,

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    it was utterly and completely unnecessary to quote EVERY SINGLE image from the original post

UGH

4. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    stop nagging

5. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    Yo, Megaman... don't quote the whole post.

6. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    well actually learn how to quote then, it was VERY unnecessary to quote ALL the images when we already had seen all of them before.

7. Ashla

Ashla Member

Where where? I don't see anything that looks like fluid in the Prime pic.

I think that's pretty cool, it almost looks like a little lightning or electricity coming out of his mouth. Electric spit? I'll buy that for a dollar :D 

8. UTF

UTF Manifestation of /toy/

News Credits:
    I think they're talking about the paint peeling off his face when he gets kicked by Megs

9. WWMEGATRON

WWMEGATRON Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The Blue ''Arcee" clearly has a wheel for a leg ....

The one in the middle :can't say if she has a wheel leg or if her right leg is raised because it looks she has a foot instead of a wheel...

The Pink Arcee is transforming in mid air !!!

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I have to say Ravage looks pretty cool.
    Starscream still looks like a dingus, but whatever. Unlike Megatron as least he can hold his own against the humans.

11. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    maybe ravage spits out biological weapons or... embryos:lol  cue hairball jokes

12. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Thanks to you, I've noticed things I didn't catch watching the trailer and stuff. Thanks! Very interesting observations.

13. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

whats the point of this thread? if you take the time to read through the trailer thread you would see that all of this has been covered...making a thread like this is like me going on a nature walk with my friends and taking pictures so when i get home i can show them the pictures and tell them what they are seeing....totally redundant and not needed...

and yes, please dont quote and entire post filled with images...thats not needed either

14. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    it's fixed now

15. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

Thanks for breaking it down man. You definitely made some interesting and accurate points.

16. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Me thinks Sam is about to get pretty messed up by SS/Megs.

17. buffbeefbroth

buffbeefbroth Holier than Thou

Am I the only one who sees a resemblance between Ravage and Gypsy from MST3K?

Sweet pictures, BTW.

18. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    didnt i read that on seibertron ?

19. buffbeefbroth

buffbeefbroth Holier than Thou

What the Hell is seibertron?

20. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits: