Tv Series Soundtrack

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Phorpus, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

I couldn't find a Transformers-based music thread so I'll ask here.

Does anybody know where I can find the soundtrack from the TV Series?

All I can find is a 1980's music history CD.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Depends which series you're after.
    The US G1 series BGM has never been released on CD, but I think www.tfcog.net had some bits they recorded from different episodes up for download.
    The Japanese G1 shows had their BGM released in a five CD box set, the Transformers History of Music set. The first disk has some jazzy stuff that pertains to be from the Japanese dub of G1. The second and third disks have vocal and kareoke versions of both Headmasters and Masterforce's intros, endings and insert songs, respectively. Disk four has the BGM to Headmasters and Masterforce, with the last disk having the new pieces composed for Victory, plus a selection of variations on the Zone intro and ending, and a few other pieces.
    Beast Wars had some sort of Japanese soundtrack release, I've seen listings variously for at least two collections of BGM and a song collection of some kind, but I have no clue what these would contain. Probably wouldn't be the US BGM though, I'd imagine the Japanese dub added some different tracks.
    Beast Wars Second had an OST, nothing amazing. I'd imagine Neo had one as well.
    Car Robots has an OST, it's still fairly easy to find compared to the Beast Wars disks. The music is very nice, there are some good songs on there, especially the Destronger themes and a couple of the battle themes. Note this isn't the same as the BGM used for RiD - it's completely different.
    Armada, Energon and Cybertron all have OSTs out in Japan - two for Micron Legend (Armada), one for Super Link (Energon) and two for Galaxy Force (Cybertron). They're all easy to find, I think. Armada's and Cybertron's are worth owning, they're excellent for BGM. Energon has its moments, but the OST is very repetitive with many mixes of the same melodies arranged slightly differently, and other tracks are entirely missing (some of the later songs, mostly). Some good tunes, though.
    All three of those are the same BGM as you heard in the dubs, too, so if you liked a song in those other than the title theme remixes then it ought to be on the OST - almost certainly will be for Armada and Cybertron.

There's also a CD soundtrack to the movie, as well as a CD with ten of the main tracks - all the vocals, plus a few of the major instrumental pieces by Vince Dicola.

All in all, here's a breakdown of the discography:

G1 - unreleased, rips at www.tfcog.net
    Movie - Song collection & BGM collection (the latter pretty hard to find)
    Japanese G1, Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory and Zone - History of Music boxed set.
    Beast Wars shows - probably had OSTs, but scarce now.
    Car Robots - CD for the BGM from the early episodes common, later episode BGM not released.
    Robots in Disguise - not released, though a couple of songs are out there.
    Armada - 2 CDs, released in Japan as Micron Legend Sounds of Evolution.
    Energon - 1 CD, released in Japan as Super Link Mission 1.
    Cybertron - 2 CDs, released in Japan as Galaxy Force.

There's also a theme song collection that includes every single intro and ending to the Japanese shows, full length versions, from Fight! Super Robot Lifeform Transformers all the way through to Micron Legend's second intro and ending. The singles for the rest of the intros and endings are easily acquired. Additionally, the theme song to Beast Machines, Leftfield's Phat Planet, ought to be on one of their albums.

The BGM to the games, incidentally, has never been released. A pity, since both the Japanese G1 game and the US Armada game have some awesome BGM.

3. Master Sing

Master Sing G1 OG

Cool! Any updates on this?

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not much to update, really. G1's music is still unreleased, no film score (yet) either. The Song Collection slipped back a week on its release, but it should be out end of next week.