TV/Movie Marathons?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tigertrack, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Has anybody sat through an entire TV series? Or an entire movie series?
    Thinking about doing that this weekend with G1 going from the very first episode with the 1986 movie between seasons 2-3. Finish the series with Bay movies 1 and 2.

2. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Back in college, I tried to marathon the Star Trek movies that were being shown by the scifi club (1-6). Made it into Voyage Home before I left. Couldn't stay awake anymore. While I am fine watching them one at a time, start showing the same series in long stretches & I just get so bored.

I'm pretty much the same with TV shows. If I try to watch 3 or more episodes, I just get bored & fall asleep.

I sort of marathoned 1/2 of Season 2 of Beast Wars when that got released. I'd never seen those episodes before so that probably helped. I watched one and decided one more. That continued until I finished the season...at 4am. Had to go to work at 9am.

3. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I've done that with SW, BTTF and LOTR. Only tv series I've done that with are short lived ones, like freaks and geeks.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I did that with Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team, Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory, the Matrix trilogy, Star Wars IV-VI and every Blackadder series.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Star wars, LOTR extended and theatrical , Star trek original series movies, Batman movies prior to the latest 2.

6. Tigertrack

Do you guy's go straight through without brakes? Any tips, tricks, suggestions?

7. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    On Halloween, my girlfriend and I watched the Resident Evil trilogy. But I have sat through many series, Star Wars, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, etc...

8. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I tried that but it caused my insurance rates to skyrocket from the wrecks...

j/k

I've done stuff like that before. I will take a bathroom break or food break between movies. Haven't done a marathon watch in a while though. May try a BTTF and Rambo marathons this week end. Maybe a Toy Story marathon too.

9. Tigertrack

I think it's easier with fast movies rather than slower ones. If you know what I mean.
    I tried to do a Red Dwarf marathon a while back when I got the complete DVD set. But like with any TV series, there were some episodes that were just too boring to sit through.

10. Allsparky

Allsparky Denied

:lol  Any tips? You want tips for self marathoning? How 'bout wear a diaper and pack a cooler if you're gonna be there ALL DAMN DAY! Oh boy, bless your heart. Seriously though, I envy you. As much as I have thought about it over the years and would love too, I'm kinda like that other guy. A couple are ok but after that man I've got to get up and do something.

11. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    i marathoned generator rex and both seasons of battle force 5 this weekend, no stopping beetween series

12. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    I've pulled this off so many times with a bunch of shorter anime series (13-25 episodes). Mostly during the summer though.

13. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

I've done it with volumes of Futurama and then some; never the whole series in a single run though. I have marathoned the movies a couple times.

14. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lol 

i think the only movies i can do this is SW (OT, bitches! prequels? nerdy, please.) and BTTF. something like LOTR i cant stand (all they do is walk!) and while i like matrix overall, part 2 and 3 were draggy and lack the punchiness of editing like in SW and BTTF.

i'd put up GB up there too but its only 2 parts. i think i can do the bourne series too actually, talking about something recent. but the lack of laughs would make for dreary 6 hrs. toy story would be cool too.

15. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    I've done it before.

I've watched from G1 series to Beast Machines. Although it took me nearly five days to finish it all (if school days doesn't count).

16. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I once watched the Bourne Trilogy back-to-back. Awesome viewing experience.

17. Tigertrack

Well, I do have to feed and walk the dog twice a day and feed my self three times a day and answer to mother nature once in a while. LOL!
    Walking the dog two miles twice a day does help.

What I meant is, do you guy's skip the boring episodes, or do you sit through them as well? It's not like I'm going to be on the couch 24/7.

18. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Watched all 51 episodes of Beyblade G-Revolution once, took nearly a week cause I could only watch it when it's really late(2:00 am - to 6:00 am).

Not the first time I'd done that

19. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

I used to do it all the time. I'd dedicate entire weekends to the Star Wars saga or The Lord of the Rings or whatever. I've gone through the Transformers G1 series numerous times since acquiring the complete series set last year. Right now my girlfriend and I are running through the new Battlestar Galactica series, a little bit at a time because of work, and she's hooked on it. We should be able to finish it this week.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Just on Sunday I sat through Halloween 1 and 2.

Didn't bother with the rest as, after the 2nd as the third one had no real contunuity with the previous films and everything afterwards is total garbage.