Minor/Repaint: [Tutorial] TLK Leader Megatron Nose Job.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by general saberwi, Sep 3, 2017.

1. general saberwi

general saberwi legoformer

I recently picked up TLK Leader Megatron, and one thing that immediately bugged me is the fact that the nose cone of the jet was spring loaded, and would come apart at the slightest provocation. So, I decided to fix it. This is really easy, and makes the jet hold together much better.

You will need:
    • TLK Leader Megatron (duh)
    • Small screwdriver
    • Pliers
    • Something to tighten joints. (I used scotch tape, but you could also use superglue, Future, or any other method you desire.
    • Magnetic parts tray (Optional, but nice to have.)
    [​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 01 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Step one is to gain access. There is a screw near the back of the cockpit section, and is best accessed when the figure is like this.

[​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 02 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

The screw in question is right here. Remove and set aside.

[​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 03 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Now, put Megs back in vehicle mode and flip him over.

[​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 04 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

This is where the other screws are, one on this side, and one on the other. Remove and set aside.

[​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 05 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

The only thing that holds the nose section together are the screws, so it should come right apart. When you put it back together, make sure it looks exactly like this.

[​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 06 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Now, remove the nose sections, and you should see a spring. Yank the spring out with pliers, and do what you will with it, whether it be pitch the spring, or put it in your parts bin, you no longer need it. there are two springs, one on each nosecone piece.

[​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 07 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Now, so the nosecone halves don't flop about, add some friction to theses posts. I used tape, but I'm sure Superglue or Future would work just as well.

[​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 08 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

Now, all you have to do is put the whole thing back together, reversing the order of the instructions, and you're done.

This last picture is just to show that the halves will stay in place under their own weight. I even shook Megs vigorously, but I added enough friction that they don't flop at all.
    [​IMG]TLK Megatron Tutorial Step 09 by Saberwing007, on Flickr

I hope you like this tutorial, simple as it is. I was worried about having to knock out pins, but it is not needed. I hope you have fun with this.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Heckfire

Heckfire Work In Progress

I just got this figure on a Hasbro Toy Store Black Friday special, so I'm glad to see that one of you amazing customizers already figured this fix out.

...what? I decided he was a better "Megatronus the Fallen" figure than most that canonically have either name. He's a pretty sweet figure, too...my thesis that the worse the Bay movie, the better the toyline holds true one last time.

• Like Like x 2