Turtle fans more important than Transformers fans?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ash from Carolina, Mar 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You might be more right than you think: check out webz.

2. WidowMaker91

WidowMaker91 Well-Known Member

and then Kurai tries to off the Turtles.

from watching the new cartoon I assumed Splinter trained the Turtles because Shredhead was an evil loon trying to rule the world and he was trying to stop him probably different in the comics though...

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Even so, the metaphor of the cycle of violence is there, especially once Shredder becomes aware of the nature of the turtles and Splinter. But I think we also see the growth of Splinter into a character that wants to grow beyond that cycle, and who cherishes his students less as diciples of vengeance, and more as the family he was denied with Yoshi. In the first film, for example, Spinter offers the Shredder a chance at survival and mercy. This idea of family and mutation as a metaphor for personal growth is kind of what I liked about the idea of Yoshi becoming Splinter in the cartoon, that it paints a juxtaposition between he and the Shredder and how they have approached not only their bushido, but the world around them. Even with everything taken away from him, Yoshi builds a family from whatever life or karma or destiny sees fit to grant him, and makes them into something truly amazing.

4. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm not sure that making the old fans feel welcome and part of the leap to the big screen has to do with how well something has aged.

The 60's Spiderman hasn't aged very well but the production team behind the Spiderman films managed to work some of that in because for a lot of people that connects to the reruns from their childhood. Sure the episodes are rough to watch now because cartoons have made so many leaps forward, but touching that nostalgia without all the bad kind of works.

I'm not sure that anyone is saying exactly the comic book or cartoon look. You see advancements to Iron Man's armor to take advantage of live action and a high budget, yet the look is still instantly Iron Man.

It seems like you can also have a lot of creative freedom while sticking to what people know about a character. The Dark Knight might have added scars to the Joker but purple suits, green hair and the need for chaos were still familiar elements for people who might remember Batman from something other than the current movies.

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Then why comment at all. Just stand corrected and keep it moving.

Your butt-hurtedness over a silly nickname is duly noted and ignored.

Riva La G1!

6. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    To answer your question simply:

Even tho Bay is involved, he aint the 1 calling all the shots. So for the most part we likely have a different crew with different ideologies and different approaches to things.

You can't really ask why Turtles get better treatment because tey aren't being made by the same people.

7. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

in all fairness, Ninja Turtles is a much smaller franchise if you will, than say 18 Autobots in the Ark, however many Decepticons, etc, or take GI JOe and the hundreds of characters.
    Ninja Turtles was about 4 dudes. their mentor. their bad guy. and a couple allies.

I hope you know what Im tryin to say.

It does suck that TF fans were openly dissed by Bay on the dvd. It does also seem strange to be Alien turtles. Im sorry but yes, they will fuck this plot up somehow. But if I can see a good Krang alien (forget the name) or triceraton warrior or two thatd be tits. Just like in ninja turtles II tell me you didnt think Krang was in that building. (before the cannister football part)

anyways yea its late an Im hammered long day of grinding trophies on SCV hope I was coherent

8. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Here's the thing:
    It's been clarified that the turtles will not be aliens- only the goo that mutates them.

9. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No it hasn't. Here's the quote people are citing as the "debunk":

It reads more like, "So what if they might be aliens now? They were mutated by an alien substance in the first place."

That's hardly saying they won't be.

10. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I just want you to know that I take great comfort in the inevitability of your passing

11. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  12. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I don't agree with your opinions on giant robots and will smile when you die."

Real mature. It's people like you who make your fellow movie fans look bad(not me, or course).

13. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    Are you fucking kidding me? When I saw the title I thought this was a thread about TMNT, not Bay and his TF films which I personally like but no one else seems to...

14. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    I don't even like the movies, champion. I watch them, but my desire to defend the objectively shitty movies passed long ago. I only said what I did to YoungPrime because all he does is troll, and it is very annoying. But good try, you really will take any opportunity you can to jab at the movies and their fans. It's very cute.

15. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    The last time I checked wishing death on people over a disagreement regarding toys and cartoons is the epitome of trolling.

So if you don't like my post, act like an adult and just ignore it.

Beside the the mods here are very efficient, so if they had any problems with my comments they would have addressed them by now.

So enjoy your weekend.

16. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i love both turtles movies and tfs movies

17. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

If that's spanish, rira isn't a word.

18. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Fixed that bolded part for ya'. And the answer is: Yes.

19. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Is rira?

20. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    When threads turn out like this, I don't know whether to be ashamed or just feel totally unsurprised. Some of you guys should really reconsider how to treat people who disagree with you over TRANSFORMERS FICTION.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.