Turok for the 360

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by UltraDevmodious, Feb 12, 2008.

1. UltraDevmodious

UltraDevmodious Well-Known Member

Uh, I loved the previous ones dating back to the 64 this new one is, for lack of a better word, phenomenal. I Love it. If you haven’t tried it or played it yet...you might be missing out.

*Side note*
    The Wii has proven to be a novelty act and though fun (at times) it still comes down to pushing a button and not having to move in order to do something. Plus, Nintendo’s flagship franchises have just become too easy to beat and severely lack replay value. Metroid’s, Mario’s, Zelda’s...I love them but they are just not challenging games anymore.

/end rant

2. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

played the demo, didn't think much of it aside from the gfx...

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was interested in this when it was announced and after watching the videos. But the not so great reviews and frustrating demo have delayed me from picking it up./ Maybe when it is cheaper I will check it out, because the dino action does look good.

4. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Two points:

• Are you trying to start a flamewar, cause that's what it looks like. What does the new Turok game have to do with the first party games on the Wii?
    • The period is your friend.
    That said, does the plot have anything at all to do with the comic storyline, or did they just ditch that completely?

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The N64 Turok days were the Glory days. I played the demo and wasn't impressed at all. Graphically, I was very let-down. I hate to be a graphic snob, but Gears of War, Mass Effect (minus the texture pop-up) Uncharted, and Ratchet have really set a snobby standard for me.

6. smangerbot

fires go away if you ignore them. or is that herpes?

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    heheeh, ask my Sig

8. UltraDevmodious

Perhaps you overlooked *side note*, because that usually denotes a rant aside from the initial topic. I’m sorry that wasn't clear enough. And I see a few periods. I'd say all in all what I stated was straight forward with grammar and punctuation.

Anyway I’ve never looked at Turok comics. So I can’t answer your question.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, I agree with most of your rant anyway. I'll get my Wii if Mario Kart supports control pad controls instead of just Wiimote, and/or, when Kid Icarus gets announced, if ever.

10. UltraDevmodious

Bleh I won't hold my breath till that day. I've been waiting since 1987 to have a sequel to that game.

11. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I guess I saw the connection since the first Turok was on N64 back in the day.

12. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Both Mario Kart and SSBB can use the Gamecube controller.
    Don't get me wrong, you're entitled to your opinion, but I think that it doesn't really need to be interjected into a thread about the new Turok game.

13. UltraDevmodious

As are you.

14. WTF2005

WTF2005 Chaos Commander

They don't have to be challenging. And what does it have to do with Turok?

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The demo required a lot of work before you got to the nice graphics and compelling gameplay.

Who in the world decided they should showcase the game by using a sequence in a dark cave wher you can't see anything?

I didn't really like how I had these futuristic weapons that did no damage at all to the dinosaurs yet my knife could kill them instantly.

Despite my criticisms, I did like the game.
    And, they get major points for casting Ron Perlman as a character named Slade. I kept expecting him to say "I am disappointed in you, Robin".

However, if you want me to buy your game, you should not release it at the same time as Devil May Cry and Lost Oddysey.

16. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I played Turok: Dinosaur Hunter on the N64, and I believe I still have it. It wasn't a bad game, just really... foggy.

This game is certainly beautiful, but it lacked enough that I wasn't overly impressed by it. The Dinosaurs themselves seemed to still have a jerky, random movement to them, and a mysterious "warp" capability in that they would be on the far side of the room one second and then POP! Right in your face.

This may be a game I'd pick up later on down the road, but seeing as how I'm still so engrossed in CoD4 I've still got Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed sitting right under it on my computer desk here. They'll occupy my time in the foreseeable future, then maybe I'll give this new Turok a chance. And maybe by then it'll be under $30.

17. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Too much to play, and not enough interest. Devil May Cry 4 and Lost Odyssey will get my money first.

As a question to your side rant, not taking it personally in any way, I have always noticed Nintendo's first party games usually try to give you lots to do, and generally only a few of those things challenging. Afte playing Metroid Prime 3, Twilight Princess, and Mario Galaxy recently, I would say that's still what they shoot for. Lots to do, little of it too challenging. So, how would you say they have changed? (besides the evil that is Adventure of Link- that was a challenge)

Oh, and those 3 games, along with Super Paper Mario, make me feel that at least Nintendo doesn't think this system a novelty act.

18. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I really wan't to get Turok for the sake of the N64 days but DMC 4 yearns for my money and Turok isn't too hot lately. Is my cerberal bore back in?

19. smangerbot

i played the demo again, and well it sucks imo. plenty of decent 1st person games out there that take a wizz in this games mouth.