Turok Demo

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by TonyzCustomz, Nov 17, 2007.

1. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This demo is sweet, nothing like stabbing a raptor in the neck. Has anyone else played it?

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    there's a NEW Turok coming out? That's a series that started off hot but dropped to below zero pretty quick.

3. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Playing it right now just go to gamestop and drop a five on the preorder and you get the demo and the shirt, then cancel the preorder later if you wish. So far it is crazy no radar what so ever so sometimes you will just get jumped from behind, such an adrenaline rush, stabbing raptor in the jugular and shotgunning them in the face. It's all win for me.

4. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

Yea yea, I've had my eye on this game for awhile, the original and no. 2 were a blast!!! :D  And they're giving demos out?! I know what I'm going to reserve the day that Rock Band comes out!

5. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Yes. And the videos so far have looked awesome. If they deliver on the gameplay side it should beat the crap out of the original. The original was fun, but lacked enough reaslistic dino action IMO. This one looks SWEET.

6. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I'm guessing this is a game based off the early 90's comic?

7. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

maybe, but he looks nothing like the Valiant or Acclaim comic versions.

8. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finished the demo, it is very satisfying, definitely getting it, the dino action is the best and killing is realistic it doesn't take 50 shots to kill something. The bow is the best dino hunting weapon just throw a flare to distract and then WHAM right through the skull. Soldiers are actually to easy to kill to me because of the realism a single shotgun blast to the torso and there on the floor but then again the same goes for you. Dinos are smart as hell too they will hide and then find a way t sneak up on you and knock you down which disorientates your aim by a lot and makes defeating them a beeotch. Shows some of the story too which is okay, never read the comics so I don't know what it is based off of, if anything..

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    well, all the turok games were pretty. I worry about overall gameplay. they all started out cool, but as we've gone on, they got worse as you'd get into the game. I won't get excited until final reviews start coming out, a demo isn't even enough to tempt me at all.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

This Turok should be an apology for the last game. It's been getting nothing but praise so far.

11. SharkyMcShark

SharkyMcShark Hi. I'm better than you

News Credits:
    I remember trying to play Turok on my 64... jesus it ate the big one. I stumbled around for an hour and a half in that mess and did not shoot, or even see ONE dino.

12. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They made up for that, 1 minute after exploring the demo your attacked by a pack(5) of raptors that just love to sneak up on you.

13. 333HE

333HE HERSHEY'S GONNA EAT JOO.

I reserved it at Gamestop the other day. Turns out they had no discs left, so they owe me one.

14. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

I've been following this game and so far it looks like it's gonna be great. I just wish they'd put the demo up for download on LIVE, I'm not gonna take the time to pay $5 for the preorder and then have to go back later and cancel it.

15. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

The first Turok was awesome, but my attention span at that time was weak, so I used cheat codes and had at it. Most I can remember now is that there was one freaking annoying jump with some kind of key or something near that I kept falling at.
    Never did make it all the way through Tomb Raider either.