TTS that can read comic panel text?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoakem, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Is this even possible, because the comic panel would be an actual image? I didn't think so, but just to be sure, I tried with the two I use (they're free). They did not work. If anyone uses a TTS (if you bought it, can you tell me how much it was and how satisfied you are with it?).

I only really use them when I'm reading fanfiction or something lengthy, but thought, 'wouldn't it be great if I could use these on comics, too?' Some of the words way too small to make out without having to squint and pull out magnifying glasses--especially on the computer screen.

If I've confused you--don't worry, I'm confused too. In fact, that's how I spend 70% of my day. Just run along, lol.

2. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    are you talking about Text to Speech?

i used to use 2 readers for documents, but never used them for comics because they couldn't read the file format. And to begin with, they are prohibitively expensive- $650 for one of them i used.

a little more information about what you are looking for, and maybe more people could help you here.

3. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Yeah, Text to speech. I use 2 pretty good ones right now that work for what I need them for. But I was just wondering if there were any anyone knew of that could read comics. Sometimes the font is so small and stacked it's impossible to read on a computer screen.

Like I said, I seriously doubt it- but wouldn't that be grand? No more squinting haha.

ETA: Love your sig. <3

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  4. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    You'd be better off looking into something like motion comics, as TTS is heavily file-format based, and reading text from images, as opposed to document scans, is pretty difficult.

5. Yoakem

Yoakem Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds like a grand idea. Or, you know, I could just suck it up. Sometimes I like to be lazy, but these comics look pretty interesting, so I think I'll just soldier on.

Thanks anyway. I can ramble/complain quite a bit.